“Foregone Conclusion” Tanner Lee Will Enter 2018 NFL Draft

seaofred92

6 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This is the least surprising news.  I don't see any reason for Lee to stick around.  If Lee doesn't have his degree yet, he will probably get it this December.  He can head to the NFL, impress scouts with his arm and his size and try to latch on somewhere as a backup.  Lee already transferred because one school was moving to a spread offense that utilizes a mobile QB, why would he stick around for another coach going to a similar offense.

Lee has had some bad luck. What are the odds of going through two HC changes with both changes including changes to an offense that doesn't suit your style? Can Lee throw a baseball? I don't see him making it in the NFL. He misses too many throws, and has way to many picks. If his strong arm translates into a 95 mph fastball, he can hang around for a long time in baseball. 

7 hours ago, Saunders said:

They simply went too close to the line. Half of the time, the characters weren't even the right skin color, and none of the faces resembled real life players.  Fans did all the hard work after the game was released to mod it into making players mimic real life, which is entirely legal. We've been down this road before but IMO, it's far less egregious than what the TV networks do each week profiting off the players. But nobody wants to tackle that sacred cow. But enough of this tangent.

ah, the fans did all the hard work. You hear that? The fans did all the hard work! It's fine! Thank You Fans!

8 hours ago, Husker from Kansas said:

I think Lee will be  a decent/good NFL prospect. Sure he threw a ton of picks but he also got his ass kicked time after time, game after game this season. He got hit on what seemed like every other drop back. And he has played better the last few weeks. Not great but better. I think he could be one of those guys similar to Brad Johnson or Matt Hasselback that has ability to be a game manager.

Tanner Lee will never be a 'game manager' kind of QB.  He is a gunslinger.  Brett Favre-ish.

Except Brett Favre was obviously much better.

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but the NCAA football franchise was trash anyways. $60 for an 'updated roster' and like 5 or 6 new animations. 

Don’t forget a new stupid “feature” each year, which was always something that was already on a previous iteration, just not the year before.

or it was a mascot game. :facepalm:

12 hours ago, olddominionhusker said:

“And with the first pick of the 2018 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select Tanner Lee QB Nebraska...”

Your lips better not be even close to God’s ears, man.

The fact that there are Browns fans out there that are bummed about Darnold considering staying at USC is bad enough (Barkley or bust). I wouldn’t mind taking him in round 5 or 6. Hell, we have 825 picks, so we can afford to take a flyer. I mean, we started Brandon Freakin’ Weeden for two years.

I don’t doubt Lee will get drafted though. He looks great in shorts, and there’s a lot of coaches that will drool over his size. Josh Freeman went in the first round, so Lee could easily be drafted. 

Edited by Edison's Enemy
  • Plus1 1
18 hours ago, knapplc said:

Which is a bit like saying if I hadn't robbed the bank I wouldn't have gotten caught. 

If it truly was that easy, why didn't the game maker make those simple changes in the first place? 

I know people want to have their game, and that it sucks that it's gone. But those players had a valid point, and raking Keller through the muck (as so many people do) is kinda crazy. 

If I make a stick figure drawing, sell it on the street as “portrait of Taylor Swift” am I going to get sued?

not really trying to make a point just a funny thought that went through my head 

I don't see him making an NFL roster.  At the very most, the third string for a few years. The QB position is immensely more difficult at the pro level.  Quick decisions, accurate throws into tiny windows and most of all, reading defenses and not forecasting your intention.  The one thing that sinks NFL quarterbacks more than anything is interceptions. That is one category that he excels in unfortunately.  Some agent will talk him into it for a share of his first and only contract. 

• Plus1 1

I think he could have a Charlie Whitehurst-type NFL career, and he's been around for 12 years. Look good in the preseason against guys who won't make rosters, stick around as a third string QB for a while, maybe get a regular season chance once in a while. Most fans won't have any idea who you are, but it's not a bad way to make some money if you have the arm talent.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, bhunt7 said:

I know this season has been rough and Tanner has had a lot of rough times but he has also shown the ability to make some tough throws. Where does Tanner’s passing ability rate on the all time NU list?

He doesn't make the list because he lacks enough games to even qualify for a discussion at this point.  He is NOT ready for the NFL and not even close in my view.  I don't think he gets a sniff unless some team gives him a try out or perhaps the CFL would give him a shot or arena football.  He fits that game well.

His NFL will depend on coming back next year, winning the job and proving he is that good.   This season has to be very disappointing to him personally.   You need 65% completion and 3 to one or more on the TD to INT and you better not have many 'ugly' ints.   He has too many bad decisions and shows minimal pocket capability and little running skill.   You make up for some stats with ability to make something out of nothing.   He is NOT gifted there.   You also need to WIN and show consistancy over a few years.  He has not done this.  He needs to splash next year to get a shot in the pros.

2 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

He doesn't make the list because he lacks enough games to even qualify for a discussion at this point.  He is NOT ready for the NFL and not even close in my view.  I don't think he gets a sniff unless some team gives him a try out or perhaps the CFL would give him a shot or arena football.  He fits that game well.

His NFL will depend on coming back next year, winning the job and proving he is that good.   This season has to be very disappointing to him personally.   You need 65% completion and 3 to one or more on the TD to INT and you better not have many 'ugly' ints.   He has too many bad decisions and shows minimal pocket capability and little running skill.   You make up for some stats with ability to make something out of nothing.   He is NOT gifted there.   You also need to WIN and show consistancy over a few years.  He has not done this.  He needs to splash next year to get a shot in the pros.

I think you are sorely underestimating the lack of qbs available in the NFL, and the ego of NFL coaches.  Someone will be sure they can get him going. He will get drafted.

Every team needs a qb and there are only about 8 really good ones on the planet, but everyone thinks they can find the next one. You will hear "his line was so bad at NU  the wideouts didn't help him out" blah blah blah, and he will get drafted.

• Plus1 1