“Foregone Conclusion” Tanner Lee Will Enter 2018 NFL Draft

seaofred92

22 minutes ago, huskerfan69 said:

i predict lee stays assuming frost wants him here. everyone but pierson el will be back plus several new additions. mcquitty, brown, moore, and maybe even keyshawn?

If Riley is fired, Keyshawn will be gone, too. I also wouldn’t be surprised if those other recruits leave, but if I were an offensive skill player, I would love playing in Frost’s spread offense.   

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

If Riley is fired, Keyshawn will be gone, too. I also wouldn’t be surprised if those other recruits leave, but if I were an offensive skill player, I would love playing in Frost’s spread offense.   

he still has several buddies on the team and continues to support nebraska on twitter every day.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Im not so sure. Mav posted something earlier about how Key Sr. and Frost played together in Tampa. Key Jr. says he still wants to come to UNL so I think we could still have a chance. 

9 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

On the same team at the same time 

That may be true, but it’s not the same relationship. Riley was like a father-figure to Keyshawn Sr. and that’s why we wanted Keyshawn Jr. to go to NU to play for him. There is nothing wrong with that, but don’t be surprised when many of the NU recruits and guys like Keyshawn Jr. end up at other schools. 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That may be true, but it’s not the same relationship. Riley was like a father-figure to Keyshawn Sr. and that’s why we wanted Keyshawn Jr. to go to NU to play for him. There is nothing wrong with that, but don’t be surprised when many of the NU recruits and guys like Keyshawn Jr. end up at other schools. 

we're still going to have a lot more receiving weapons next year. we aren't going to lose all the recruits. lee's chemistry with spielman and morgan should be enough for him to want to come back next year.

8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Oh I won't be surprised if he doesn't come specifically, but I wouldn't count it out completely either. As far as the other recruits, I think we have a shot with them if we retain KW, though that remains to be seen. Losing Josh Moore would hurt but with a small class I think Frost could keep at least half of the current recruits and then fill out the class with guys on his board and we wouldn't be in too bad of shape. As far as current guys on the roster leaving, I'm sure we will see some of that but it's a young roster and I think alot of these guys will buy into what Frost wants to do after the season we are having. 

Edit: this is all on the huge condition Frost is even our next head coach. Alot to be sorted out over the next month. 

Edited by Nebfanatic

6 hours ago, zoogs said:

Man. That there is any outright disdain for Tanner is kinda disgusting. He’s our guy and played as hard as anybody this year. 

I don’t think there is outright disdain being shown, just honest evaluation and criticism of the guy. Yes, he’s played hard, taken a lot of hits, and made a lot of tremendous throws this year. But, he was very bad at the beginning of the year, throwing a number of costly interceptions, including a number of pick-sixes. He pretty much lost NU the NIU game with 2 of them.

I am sure that Riley and staff would love to go back and not release all the hype that was going Tanner’s way before the season, but it’s too late now. Of course, there are rumblings that the hype was pushed out because of inner turmoil within the team, and the coaches and admins wanted to push out positivity.

Who knows how many more games Tanner has in a Husker uniform, my guess is one. Personally, I won’t miss him. In the college game, I prefer a more mobile QB to go along with a more spread offense. Hopefully Frost will be hired and that’s what we will get. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, zoogs said:

Man. That there is any outright disdain for Tanner is kinda disgusting. He’s our guy and played as hard as anybody this year. 

I've read very little disdain for him. I've actually read more about how people are impressed with his toughness. Because he's taken a beating.  But the topic is about him getting drafted into the NFL.  People are simply offering up their honest evaluations of how he will do in regards to the next level