Senator Al Franken accused of sexual assault.

QMany

Wow, that photo. Pretty much rules out any denial, right?  Eh.  Al's trying anyway:

It'll be interesting to see what happens if/when other women come forward. 

This is what I expected to happen when we reached a climate where women were empowered to finally speak about the harassment and outright assault they face.  This is not a small problem and it is not rare. It is super common, and if this ball keeps rolling we're going to see dozens, if not hundreds of men in powerful positions outed. 

There are a lot of posters on HuskerBoard who would benefit from some soul-cleansing confessions. 

• Plus1 1

Franken released a pretty underwhelming statement. Apparently he's trying to frame this as practice for a skit.

This is disappointing. I thought he was one of the good guys. At the same time, now that we've started down this path, I doubt he's the last politician to be implicated.

Edited by dudeguyy
  • Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I mean, OK, that's fine let's investigate Franken... but where is McConnell's call for a similar investigation into Trump?  There's a nearly identical accusation of harassment against Trump.

Trump Campaign Subpoenaed Over Sexual Assault Allegations

That is a prime example of why I can not be a part of a party anymore and my friends just can't figure it out.

• Plus1 4

Better statement. And fine that he's going to cooperate with an ethics investigation. 

Now let's see if any other women come forward with accusations of behavior like this.  It is not likely, in my very humble opinion, that Franked would feel empowered enough to, FOR THE FIRST TIME, force a kiss on a woman as well known and believable as LeeAnn Tweeden if he hadn't done it before. 

Not judging him guilty.  Just saying I'm skeptical this is his only such infraction.

• Plus1 1

Quite simply, Franken should resign. In a better world this would have come out then, and it would have finished him. 

As as many have pointed out, the “ethics investigation” is a trumped up farce that allows us all to pretend we cared and that he was punished. What’s there to even investigate? He admitted it. There’s a reason he and fellow Senators on both sides are so eager to go this route.

Franken should resign, immediately, and of his own volition.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I mean, OK, that's fine let's investigate Franken... but where is McConnell's call for a similar investigation into Trump?  There's a nearly identical accusation of harassment against Trump.

Trump Campaign Subpoenaed Over Sexual Assault Allegations

Does this mean McConnell doesn't view Trump accusers as credible?

Curious, since he was so quick to call out Al Franken & claims he believes the Moore accusers in Alabama.

It seems to me Mitch McConnell only cares about sexual misbehavior when it is politically expedient to do so.

Edited by dudeguyy
  • Plus1 4