Scott Frost News/Tweets/Rumors

Huskerzoo

9/22

https://ucf.rivals.com/news/scott-frost-press-conference-maryland-week

Watch this press conference prior to the Maryland game. Even at Oregon he spoke like this, not just like a coach, but like a head coach. Great demeanor, understands the media's role. Honest, humble, and forthright. These are things that are common to other press conferences he's had over the years, but this one is of course different because of Irma's tremendous impact on that program. Notice his priorities in life, even in the already stressful life of a college coach.

If you want a guy that represents Nebraska and all of those intangibles we like to say collegiate athletics are about...

On 9/22/2017 at 7:22 PM, suh_fan93 said:

• Plus1 1

I think he would, NU fans are not the only people high on Frost. Doesn't necessarily mean we should hire him either, but there's a lot to like imo.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/08/24/coaching-carousel-preview-best-candidates-assistants-hires

6. Scott Frost, UCF: A Chip Kelly disciple with NFL ties, Frost has gotten folks excited around Orlando after taking a team that went winless the year before he arrived to a bowl game in his first season. I’ll be surprised if Frost doesn’t get the Knights to double-digit wins before too long. He’s very marketable, but he also has arguably the top non–Power 5 head coaching job in the country right now, and he will be choosy.

On 9/22/2017 at 7:35 PM, suh_fan93 said:
Forgot Frost brought on Barrett Ruud down at UCF too.

• Plus1 1

9/23

Frost's resume is quite impressive regardless of Nebraska ties

- Played under Bill Walsh, Tom Osborne, Bill Parcells, Bill Bellicheck and Jon Gruden. 

- Played quarterback in college // played safety in the NFL, was successful at both.

- Linebackers coach and defensive coordinator at UNI (defense was ranked 13th in the country when he was DC)

- Wide receivers coach and offensive coordinator at Oregon, where his teams played for MNC's and his quarterback won the Heisman

- Huge turnaround in year one as a head coach, with a big time P5 win in year 2 (last year his defense improved roughly 70 spots in total defense nationally, 98 spot improvement in turnovers)

- Won a national championship as a player, and a coach, and has coached in plenty of big time environments

9/24

Frost has been a successful coach every year as OC, DC, and HC:

1st year as HC took a 0-12 team to 6-7, the biggest win turnaround in the country (+6).  Riley was -3.

2-0 so far this year.

OC at Oregon (year, total Offense, scoring O, rush O, pass O)

2015   5, 5, 5, 36

2014   3, 4, 20, 10

2013   2, 4, 9, 21

One year as DC at Northern Iowa (2008) - total D 23rd, scoring D 9th.

With his obvious ties/history at Nebraska, he knows the culture, history and attitude of Nebraska, and would likely stay for a long time.

I would love to see him go with the Nebraska physical, tough, smashmouth attitude vs the Oregon fast attack.  I think that approach also helps defenses.

Today in UCF win over Maryland, Rushing 39-250 yds, Passing 30-178yds.

• Plus1 1

On 9/25/2017 at 8:31 PM, Sker4Ever said:

The more you step back and look at this the more it looks like it’s Scott’s job if he wants it.

1.) Firing Eichorst gets any hurdles to firing Riley out of the way. If this year goes as bad as it appears Bounds and Green will be justified with their decision and it’s on its way. This decision was made because of Riley and Riley alone.

2.) Bounds and Green are being influenced by the money behind the program, and that money has a high level of support to get Scott to Lincoln.

3.) Frost started the season on many up and coming coaching lists, Bounds and Green see that if they don’t act this year Nebraska may be too late to the party. His stock will only grow as they win more games, possibly end the year in a New Years 6 as the Group of 5 rep. Hence the, “We want to get started” quote in the presser.

4.) Not by mistake that they mentioned the mid 90’s in the presser. 

5.) The word compete keeps coming up. You see Scott on the sideline, that dude competes. His team follows suit.

The writing is on the wall, the only thing that is left is for the season to play out like most think it will. 

Money would think this means that the AD is Trev. I must say I am not crazy about that hire, but it seems the only plausible way we get someone who agrees to hire Frost. Unless someone like Joe Parker tells us in the search that Frost would be on the top of his list, then you hire that guy that will also hire the football coach the administration wants.

Hiring Frost is a safe way to go with big upside. If he fails, not too many fans will be upset because he is a Husker legend and that route is worth the try to many. I believe that not only  Scott gets Nebraska, understands the type of players it takes to win here, and the type of program it takes to win, but he is a good football coach that would be on the radar of major Power 5 jobs in the near future.

On 9/26/2017 at 10:00 AM, Mavric said:

On 10/8/2017 at 4:18 PM, Dewiz said:

On 10/12/2017 at 9:50 AM, jessica0 said:
NXer-AYU_bigger.jpgAdam McClintock @cfb_professor
FollowFollow @cfb_professor
More

Sure can! Scott Frost Rating: 4.10 Ranking: 8th Grade: A+

6:58 AM - 12 Oct 2017
On 10/14/2017 at 9:47 PM, FTW said:

Scott Frost's thoughts

For anyone questioning his loyalty or how much he loves Nebraska football. If I was a betting man, I would go all in that he will be the next head coach at Nebraska. I don't think there is another coach in CFB that understands the culture here, and what it takes to understand the winning tradition of our football team.

• Plus1 1

On 10/18/2017 at 9:20 AM, InOmaha said:

It appears UCF likes this Frost guy too.  He might get some serious offers from around the country at seasons end.  Including from his own team.

UCF starts "Keep Scott Frost in Orlando Fund”

On 10/18/2017 at 10:06 AM, neepster said:

• Plus1 1
On 10/18/2017 at 0:19 PM, Warrior said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/138889/ucf-coach-scott-frosts-new-role-scout-team-quarterback

A good look for practice!  Don't know if it's posted or not.. I'm not going through this whole thread to see either.

On 10/18/2017 at 0:58 PM, Isle of View said:

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric unpinned this topic