Craig Bohl

Herbie95

If Frost doesn't go to NU I think he stays put at UCF.  Bohl then becomes the next likely canidate.  Kelly is not coming to Nebraska.  Bohl is what Riley was supposed to be. An experienced coach building a solid program while we wait for Frost to be ready.  Bohl won't be the DC this time.  He's obviously knows DONU maybe too well and what happened in 2002 might have soured him.  He's right at the age Riley was in 2014.

• Plus1 1

I am a Bohl fan, but this isn't going to happen.  Moos has way too many connections to just reach out and grab a "fairly" obscure name.  Bohl is well known in these parts, but not as widely respected as he should be.  Moos went out and brought Leach clear up to WAZU.  He isn't looking for any "local" guy.  Not sure Husker Nation would be as excited for Bohl than a "sexier" hire.  The pulse of Husker Nation on the hire, will help determine how long the new coach gets to turn it around.  Thus, helping decide how long Moos gets a "pass".  The AD job depends on football success, and I am not sure that Moos pins his hopes on Bohl.

I don't disagree with the fact that Bohl could probably "eventually" succeed, but he will not get the time.  Unless you are SF, or another "big time" name, you will only get 3-4 years.  Just look at the track record.  BC (sorry, had to go there), was a bigger name, Bo was even "beloved" more than Bohl, and now MR.....if Husker Nation isn't completely on board with the hire, your time table is greatly reduced.  SF gets at least 5, if nothing else based on every Husker fan not wanting to admit that this isn't the same Nebraska they knew or the fact that they are (were) 127 pages WRONG. (We are NOT wrong, this is for my "point" only).

If Bohl is an "emergency" hire, then Moos is probably not the guy we thought we were getting.  You don't bring in a guy to make an "emergency" hire.  He knew MR was gone the day he was hired, so this isn't coming down to a 3-week race to find candidate.  There will be no emergency hire.  Maybe a solid back up plan or two.

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

No, this program cannot afford to make an emergency hire. We need to make the right hire this time. If SF turns us down, why would we wait for him? He has his chance now to come back. If he declines, he has no ambition to come back. There better be a plan A-2 and it better be someone better than CB. 

SF may feel he's not done at UCF yet.  We would wait because it's what we would be doing if MR had been successful enough to keep his job.  We would go get SF after a Riley retirement instead of a firing.  DONU is at an extreme disadvantage with it's lack of recruiting base.  Only certain kinds of coaches can succeed here.  Nick Saban before he won at LSU likely wouldn't have had the cache to bring in players here and win.  

1 hour ago, Herbie95 said:

If Frost doesn't go to NU I think he stays put at UCF.  Bohl then becomes the next likely canidate.  Kelly is not coming to Nebraska.  Bohl is what Riley was supposed to be. An experienced coach building a solid program while we wait for Frost to be ready.  Bohl won't be the DC this time.  He's obviously knows DONU maybe too well and what happened in 2002 might have soured him.  He's right at the age Riley was in 2014.

I don't think Bohl is a bad coach but I do believe Nebraska would be a terrible fit.  He is not well liked here.  You can't start a coaching tenure with someone that a good % of the fans already dislike, especially when fan support is already dicey.  If Frost doesn't come home, ADBM will have a the challenge of finding someone the fans can rally around...Bohl isn't even on the long list.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Herbie95 said:

To who?  You?

Is that point supposed to help you?

• Plus1 2