Craig Bohl

Herbie95

IMHO we would be lucky to get Craig. 

If you haven't watch wyoming football these past two years you should they are fun to watch. And play lights out defense.

I'll take Bohl over frost.

It's easy to win in Florida with all the talent in that area. frost also hasn't beaten anyone of note. Losing out on getting to playing GT hurts his resume.

Meanwhile Bohl has the cowboys going to consecutive bowl games for the first time in 20 years. Upset boise boise state last year and lost to them close this year. Josh Allen will also be the second Qb he's has developed to be taken high in the NFL draft.

Again all at wyoming with a fraction of the talent and resources UCF has.

The coaches that win at wyoming go on the be great. Joe tiller left wyoming to make Purdue great with drew brees. And some guy named Bob devaney left wyoming to build nebraska into a monster.

If you can win at wyoming you can win big anywhere.

And oh yea Bohl is doing all this winning at wyoming with a good number of nebraska boys or boys with nebraska links/500 miler radius guys. so that's all also kinda embarrassing for us right now as we limp into a 4 8 finish

• Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, beorach said:

I liked your post but wasn't sure what this was about?

The hurricane kept them from playing. Georgia tech is second in their division at 5 &4 and a win over them would strengthen the argument that Scott can build a team that can cut in in the power 5.

25 minutes ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

Dana Dimel?

Won with Tillers kids. The signs of a down turn were becoming obvious when they moved to the mountain west.

Went to Houston and the rest is history.

to expand on my comment in my hasty post, if you can build a winner at wyoming you can win anywhere.

Inheriting a winner is a different matter. With some different results.

• Plus1 1

Bohl would have been a better hire than Riley, in retrospect. At the time it didn't make sense. Bo had got us consistent 9 wins and we needed a coach to improve on that. With visions of sweater vests dancing in our heads, Bohl would have been a major let down.  I wonder if suffering through the past 3 years hasn't made us desperate. I'm not saying Bohl is a bad coach, but now that we are in a rebuild, I think age is a factor.

9 minutes ago, brophog said:

The only reason they're above .500 is an insane turnover margin.  

If that were the only reason, they wouldn't have a 7-3 record.  Winning football games is much more than that.  Sure, their offense could improve.  A good OC would do wonders for that under him.  Just maybe, with Nebraska's budget, he could afford one.

He's proven he is a winner as a head coach.  OK....this year his defense is carrying the team.  I love great defenses and feel they are as important to winning championships as a great O line.

Another way to look at that is there are two sides to a turnover margin.  Yes, the defense needs to get takeaways.  But, the offense needs to protect the ball too.

Something we haven't been very good at.

2 hours ago, husker98 said:

IMHO we would be lucky to get Craig. 

If you haven't watch wyoming football these past two years you should they are fun to watch. And play lights out defense.

I'll take Bohl over frost.

It's easy to win in Florida with all the talent in that area. frost also hasn't beaten anyone of note. Losing out on getting to playing GT hurts his resume.

Meanwhile Bohl has the cowboys going to consecutive bowl games for the first time in 20 years. Upset boise boise state last year and lost to them close this year. Josh Allen will also be the second Qb he's has developed to be taken high in the NFL draft.

Again all at wyoming with a fraction of the talent and resources UCF has.

The coaches that win at wyoming go on the be great. Joe tiller left wyoming to make Purdue great with drew brees. And some guy named Bob devaney left wyoming to build nebraska into a monster.

If you can win at wyoming you can win big anywhere.

And oh yea Bohl is doing all this winning at wyoming with a good number of nebraska boys or boys with nebraska links/500 miler radius guys. so that's all also kinda embarrassing for us right now as we limp into a 4 8 finish

Nice post, I do watch a lot of Mountain West football living out here and Wyoming.  Wyoming has gotten steadily better as  the year has wore on which is a sign of good coaching.  They are finding ways to win.  They returned a great QB in Allen but lost about 85% of there rushing and receiving yardage from  the year before.  They lost to Iowa and Oregon early then didn't lose again till they played Boise St.

I wouldn't take Bohl over Frost, but if Frost didn't want the job I would take Bohl as a plan B.  

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Another way to look at that is there are two sides to a turnover margin.  Yes, the defense needs to get takeaways.  But, the offense needs to protect the ball too.

There is another way.....they're highly random. Important, but random.

They have the stats of a .500 or slightly below team (neutral yardage differential, negative first down and rushing differentials, etc).  Turnovers are why that's a winning record rather than a losing one.

59 minutes ago, brophog said:

There is another way.....they're highly random. Important, but random.

They have the stats of a .500 or slightly below team (neutral yardage differential, negative first down and rushing differentials, etc).  Turnovers are why that's a winning record rather than a losing one.

Considering this is a team that had to replace most of its offensive production, had to make a mid season change at running back by moving a line backer into the backfield. And had their toughest games to start the year. The stats are about what you would expect, and thus somewhat deceiving.

Edited by husker98
  • Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, husker98 said:

Considering this is a team that had to replace most of its offensive production, had to make a mid season change at running back by moving a line backer into the backfield. And had their toughest games to start the year. The stats are about what you would expect, and thus somewhat deceiving.

Didn't they move him after the first game?  This isn't a Riley staff mid to end of season position change.

37 minutes ago, worldsworstoutdoorsman said:

Didn't they move him after the first game?  This isn't a Riley staff mid to end of season position change.

I'll have to rewatch those games and see I seem to remember him getting most the snaps, and or better roughly around mid season but you might be right. I feel like he's gotten better each game though and the other kid has shown a little improvement too. 

It's been impressive either way considering he's learning this as he goes instead of having off-season and spring to learn the nuances of the position in the college game.

Edit: yea he started getting roughly equal carries around the Oregon game.  

Edited by husker98