Alex Grinch

epocSoN

It sounds like the prevailing feeling in the coaching community is that Frost will not bring some of his staff to Lincoln. Could be that feelers are being sent around to get an idea of who could follow him to Lincoln. I get the feeling that Moos would advocate having the best possible staff, and not just bringing in buddies like Mike did.

21 minutes ago, epocSoN said:

EDIT: The Rumor is that Scott is showing interest in hiring him as DC if he were to accept the NEB job.

That is interesting since his current DC Erik Chinander has a very good reputation and came with Frost from Oregon. He also spent some time coaching in Iowa. Maybe he's staying. I was definitely cool with Chinander coming along as DC, but I'll take Grinch in a heartbeat over him.

21 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That would make sense, because I expect UCF to hire their current DC as head coach, if Frost leaves.  I also wouldn't be shocked if Troy Walters sticks around as OC, so he can actually call plays at UCF.

I guess I should have read this before I posted, but I actually thought it would be the other way around, with Walters taking over as HC. Either way, if Frost comes it's not surprising if they both stay in Orlando.

2 hours ago, Sker4Ever said:

It sounds like the prevailing feeling in the coaching community is that Frost will not bring some of his staff to Lincoln. Could be that feelers are being sent around to get an idea of who could follow him to Lincoln. I get the feeling that Moos would advocate having the best possible staff, and not just bringing in buddies like Mike did.

I worry about this a bit.  The staff at UCF is on fire, there is nothing wrong with “bringing in the buddies” when they are all young coaches performing well. 

• Plus1 1