Alex Grinch

epocSoN

1 hour ago, C N Red said:

Ya, lets hire a DC before we hire a HC. Seems genius to me. Seriously, wtf!!!!????!!!

Pretty obvious we’ve already hired our new coach, when that’s going to be officially stated by the university depends on that coaches remaining schedule. So yeah, feelers for assistants very well could be out there

On 11/18/2017 at 1:58 PM, chamrocck said:

Don't know much about Grinch.  I suspect it is Chinander all the way unless he is staying at UCF to take the top job.  

And I wouldn't be shocked if a) Frost already asked Chinander to go to Lincoln and b) Chinander turned Frost down. Hell, if Frost set a great system up down there already, it wouldn't be shocking to see a few coaches to stay on and ride that gravy train until the biscuit wheels fall off. 

We're likely *MUCH* further along in this process than most suspect, and this sort of DC makes sense if it's someone Chip Kelly vouched for, Moos can recommend, and can come in and work with the kids and defense we're playing in right now. 

Edited by VectorVictor
  • Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

And I wouldn't be shocked if a) Frost already asked Chinander to go to Lincoln and b) Chinander turned Frost down. Hell, if Frost set a great system up down there already, it wouldn't be shocking to see a few coaches to stay on and ride that gravy train until the biscuit wheels fall off. 

We're likely *MUCH* further along in this process than most suspect, and this sort of DC makes sense if it's someone Chip Kelly vouched for, Moos can recommend, and can come in and work with the kids and defense we're playing in right now. 

Not only that but this guy is considered by some to be the better coach flat out. You like continuity, but if you can build a stellar staff and are willing to build great relationships with new coaches I think that is the way to go. 

12 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Going by what Moos did at Wazzu and what he's said in interviews it is entirely possible that we not only have our HC but also his staff unofficially in-place.