Alex Grinch

epocSoN

Giving up almost 25 pts a game in the American....only 2 ranked opponents, one scored 42.  Body of work, not one game.  Anyone watching Bama for 1st time, probably not a college football fan. Sold that Frost is guy for job, not sold on his staff

8 minutes ago, NWHuskerfan said:

Grinch no thanks!!!   Chinander no thanks!!!   Did anyone watch Cal and the Huskies destroy WA state.

I'm sorry but stay clear from anyone related to Defense and the Chip Kelly coaching tree.  They don't believe in defense they just believe in scoring more points than the other team.

So you completely disregard the improvements that Grinch has made to WSU's defense over the past two seasons? They finished the season #15 in total defense. A few years ago before Grinch came on board they weren't in the top 100. Sure, he has spent time with Kelly, but he also has coached with Pinkel, Leach, and Kehres. Those aren't bad guys to be around and craft a defense against. 

You can look at two games and say that it isn't working or you could look at the body of work and see improvements. 

I'm no fan of Mike Leach or any product he puts out.   PAC 12 Football and its mentality doesn't work in the Big 10.  I think as a fan base we'd have that figured out.

The PAC 12 for the most part is a finese conference based on the vertical passing game. 

I believe Football games are won in the trenches.  Run the ball and stop the run.

Grinch is focused on speed same as Frost and  Chinander.  Speed kills, but its no replacement for big mean poweful Defensive and O lineman that come at you for 4 quarters.

I'd be very happy with the product the Wisconsin Badgers put out yearly in the Big Ten.

Yes WA State has improved and I'll give credit where its due.  But WA State will never be the big dogs in the PAC 12.

28 minutes ago, NWHuskerfan said:

I'm no fan of Mike Leach or any product he puts out.   PAC 12 Football and its mentality doesn't work in the Big 10.  I think as a fan base we'd have that figured out.

The PAC 12 for the most part is a finese conference based on the vertical passing game. 

I believe Football games are won in the trenches.  Run the ball and stop the run.

Grinch is focused on speed same as Frost and  Chinander.  Speed kills, but its no replacement for big mean poweful Defensive and O lineman that come at you for 4 quarters.

I'd be very happy with the product the Wisconsin Badgers put out yearly in the Big Ten.

Yes WA State has improved and I'll give credit where its due.  But WA State will never be the big dogs in the PAC 12.

He won't be staying at WSU for long and you gloss over what he accomplished at Missouri when they actually competed for SEC championships. 

I know this is hard for some fans but you have to catch some of these coach as they are rising not when they falling (Riley, Diaco).

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, jaws said:

He won't be staying at WSU for long and you gloss over what he accomplished at Missouri when they actually competed for SEC championships. 

I know this is hard for some fans but you have to catch some of these coach as they are rising not when they falling (Riley, Diaco).

Aka Grinch would be a great hire and anybody who can get him should be happy about it. If we are competing with  the Bucks for Grinch that is reason enough for me to want him. That means he is likely one of the best DCs in the country. 

8 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Aka Grinch would be a great hire and anybody who can get him should be happy about it. If we are competing with  the Bucks for Grinch that is reason enough for me to want him. That means he is likely one of the best DCs in the country. 

It looks like we have our old/current DC back so I don't know if we will be in the market for a new DC :) 

I do hope for the best for Grinch and wherever he coaches. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, jaws said:

It looks like we have our old/current DC back so I don't know if we will be in the market for a new DC :) 

I do hope for the best for Grinch and wherever he coaches. 

You're taking Schiano back??? On Facebook y'alls fan base was saying good riddance because of the Iowa game, but then again, we know the type that swim around in the ESPN Facebook comment section:lol:

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

You're taking Schiano back??? On Facebook y'alls fan base was saying good riddance because of the Iowa game, but then again, we know the type that swim around in the ESPN Facebook comment section:lol:

The comments section on sites like that might be filled with the scum of the earth. There were plenty of people that wanted Tom Herman fired at the beginning of the 2014 season after the VT loss. You don't hire or fire someone based off one or two games and you definitely don't make decisions based off social media. :) (Tennessee).

I'm indifferent towards Schiano. I guess it is fine if we keep him. 

• 3 weeks later...