Chris Harriman

Nebraska mens basketball is in a huge hole and it has been for a long time.  There is absolutely nothing good happening right now.

I only see two things happening as far as a coach that would be successful.

a)  Hire a top shelf coach from a smaller program that is young and on his way up the ladder.  I'm talking one that blows the doors off of what we have done in the past.  This is what I hope they do.  However, they have tried this before and it was always difficult getting someone to come to Nebraska. Bill Self wouldn't even talk to us.  Hopefully with the new investment in the sport, they can get a top shelf coach.

Another way to go possibly.

b) IF (a) doesn't work out, how about giving Harriman a shot at it.  He's been here before.  I believe the program was better when he was here.  With his family situation (son) I don't see him leaving immediately for a bigger job if he has success.  I also think his family is still living in Lincoln.

Thoughts?

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Nebraska mens basketball is in a huge hole and it has been for a long time.  There is absolutely nothing good happening right now.

I only see two things happening as far as a coach that would be successful.

a)  Hire a top shelf coach from a smaller program that is young and on his way up the ladder.  I'm talking one that blows the doors off of what we have done in the past.  This is what I hope they do.  However, they have tried this before and it was always difficult getting someone to come to Nebraska. Bill Self wouldn't even talk to us.  Hopefully with the new investment in the sport, they can get a top shelf coach.

Another way to go possibly.

b) IF (a) doesn't work out, how about giving Harriman a shot at it.  He's been here before.  I believe the program was better when he was here.  With his family situation (son) I don't see him leaving immediately for a bigger job if he has success.  I also think his family is still living in Lincoln.

Thoughts?

The door is closing on Miles, but I am willing to let the season play out. Young team with two transfer starters. 

45 minutes ago, Roll Skers said:

Yeah, but the whole “young team” excuse doesnt really work in basketball

I saw a team last night that didn't know their role yet. I just think game 3 is too early to be closing the door on the season. I think we will improve since this team hasn't played many games together which is Miles fault having kids leave the program. 

42 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I saw a team last night that didn't know their role yet. I just think game 3 is too early to be closing the door on the season. I think we will improve since this team hasn't played many games together which is Miles fault having kids leave the program. 

That's been the same issue the entire time Miles has been here. 

If not for a 1 month hot streak from Terran Petteway, Miles would already be gone. 

7 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

That's been the same issue the entire time Miles has been here. 

If not for a 1 month hot streak from Terran Petteway, Miles would already be gone. 

I wouldn't be mad if we win 14 games and Miles is fired. I feel he has had his fair due, but at the same time this school has never won a tourney game. 

There is no reason we can't be good.  Miles has this year to prove himself or we move on...  Way too many dollars are being left on the table.  Our fan base is ready to fully support a winning basketball team as demonstrated anytime there is a hint of us being good over the last few years.