What did we learn?....Penn State

Saunders

12 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I learned that Scott Frost said in his press conference, "That's just totally false," when asked about the rumors that he is the next :bigredn: coach.
The game meant absolutely nothing to me ... especially the second half.  No comment needed on the game.  MR will have a .500 record at :bigredn: after next week.
FYI, I would have lost my bet this week.  Was willing to put down $10K on this game.  Thought it would be a blowout.

Dude, if you're willing to throw away 10 grand, I have a checking account that's a little light right now and could use a substantial cash infusion.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The tackling is absolutely attrocious. The DB’s just throwing shoulders or diving at ankles is what kids do who don’t want to do what it takes to make a solid tackle. I didn’t play a lot of football, but I played enough to know that sometimes it hurts to make a proper tackle.  I can’t remember I saw a Husker defender attack a ball carrier’s knees/thighs and wrap up.  Its anything but that and it shouldn’t be blamed on rugby tackling. 

This is dead on.  Repetition helps with that "pain".  They are afraid because they are not practicing it.

2 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Dude, if you're willing to throw away 10 grand, I have a checking account that's a little light right now and could use a substantial cash infusion.

I thought Penn State was 30 points better, regardless of it being at home for them and the crapola tackling team that we have.  I think they got up to that comfy lead and then just checked out.  Glad I didn't bet.  Thought that was easy money.  These are our Huskers and the new traditions are beginning.

18 minutes ago, brophog said:

He all but told us he was gone in his postgame. There is less and less doubt that he's both gone and has known he's gone. 

Just watched is PC after the game. That was really odd. Riley seemed upbeat and almost looking forward to the end of his career at NU. I’m sure he’s been told by Moos that he’s not coming back. 

6 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I thought Penn State was 30 points better, regardless of it being at home for them and the crapola tackling team that we have.  I think they got up to that comfy lead and then just checked out.  Glad I didn't bet.  Thought that was easy money.  These are our Huskers and the new traditions are beginning.

Well they were 30 points better.  It was 42-10 at halftime, if I recall.  Unfortunately, to win the bet (as you're well aware) the final score needs to beat the spread.

As far as these "new traditions," I don't like where they're headed.

3 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Well they were 30 points better.  It was 42-10 at halftime, if I recall.  Unfortunately, to win the bet (as you're well aware) the final score needs to beat the spread.

As far as these "new traditions," I don't like where they're headed.

Ya, at halftime I was regretting not making the bet ... but I was also feeling they might let down and get soft.  There was no reason for Barkley to not go for 200+ ... they just saved him from getting hurt ... which I totally get.