Penn State Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Specifically, he said "whenever things turn bad, they bury their heads."  This is patently false and is only used to try to drive the narrative.  Then he implies that the level of it has been the same for years.  In addition to the obvious fact that the overall results have varied SIGNIFICANTLY over those years, it also ignores what actually went on during the individual games.  

Just because it happens every now and then to almost any team doesn't mean the level that it happens is the same, which was what was implied.  Are we also going to say that Ohio State is a mentally weak team because Iowa beat them by 30?

One, I think the idea that it's a thing that happens often enough that we're very familiar with and not surprised by it is the common thread between Riley and Pelini, and what is being referenced when we say things like that. 

Two, in regards to Ohio State, no, we shouldn't think that. The reason being because it's an abberation for their program under Meyer - since 2012, every year in the overwhelming majority of their games they come to play and put forth a legitimate effort towards actual competitiveness. Every year, they look the part that that they're advertised and like they are fulfilling their potential in at least most of the big-time games they play in against big-time opponents. 

I still, like knapp, have no idea why you're going after southernoregonhusker with this. Obviously things can still be true even if the way we experience them is a bit subjective, and the way we explain them isn't entirely literal. But seeing how it seems like you refuse to budge even a millimeter on these weird pedantic tangents, maybe something like a matrix that shows the intersection between underperformance against the spread in relationship to the quality of an opponent to bear this out as actual data. Because most everyone but you seems to think that it is an actual phenomenon. 

9 hours ago, Waldo said:

Nearly came back against Penn St? I must have missed that game.

I was wondering the same thing?  This can't possibly be referencing yesterday could it?

Ironically, they did the same thing Oregon did.  After slaughtering this team, they took their foot off the gas and allowed the outcome to look like, to some, something it wasn't.

Huskers have proved they are occasionally decent went down 30+ against a soft D and a conservative O.  Awesome.  Let's build on that.

Edited by gobiggergoredder
  • Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Did anyone find out which member of the media asked Riley about the Scott Frost rumors?  That person has some stones.  Not a lot of tact, common sense or professionalism, but some serious stones.

I am listening to the Big Red Overreaction podcasts right now.  Sharp and Benning both didn't recognize the voice of the media member.  My guess is that it was a guy from a national media outlet.

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I think the very definition of "irony" is #21 Lamar Jackson criticizing anyone else of playing "soft."  Not saying he's wrong, but look in the mirror first.

This x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Just now, macroboy said:

This x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Yeah, I thought it was a little crazy myself.  But then when he went to his comments about players just not able to make plays and when things go bad, they get even worse.  This program just can't pick themselves up when things go poorly, and it has gotten worse under Riley.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Ironically, they did the same thing Oregon did.  After slaughtering this team, they took their foot off the gas and allowed the outcome to look like, to some, something it wasn't.

Some coaches think it's a good idea to get the backups some snaps to build depth. I wonder if we'll have one of those someday... :dunno

5 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

You look at all the abuse the Daniel Davie or Erwin Swiney took in their day.  Compare the way they played to the way 21 plays.  Any of us would take Swiney or Davie in a heartbeat.

I think a lot of people - including coaches - owe Daniel Davie an apology for trying to make him the scapegoat for the bad pass defense two years ago.

• Plus1 1