Facebook Comments - Riley's Soft Culture

6 hours ago, Frost Advisory said:

Okay, I had to make a post because this is making my blood boil.  I am seeing a ton of comments on Facebook from Husker fans who seem perfectly fine with our performance today.  Many are even calling to give Riley another year.  I am seeing a lot of congratulating for covering the spread and only losing by 12.  These people are downplaying the fact that 21 of these points came in the 4th quarter after Penn St was content with the score.  I just don't get it.  This is making me think this soft culture that is apparent on the field is also infecting many in the fan base.  Now people are okay with just not getting blown out.  To make things worse, these same people shame others like myself who are critical of the performance.  Reading these people's passionless comments just makes me want to throw up.  Did anybody else notice a lot of that today?  It's highly disturbing.

You must not read comments in the official Huskers FB postings.

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

And I see a bunch of people that know the future has already been decided, and who know that these are 18 year old kids that are doing what they can each Saturday.  The guys on the field don't want to underperform.  They don't want to lose.

I'm seeing fans that recognize that after this season and the beatings they've taken on the field, in the press and by "fans" that those kids still go out there and do their best (for the most part).  I see fans that recognize that this is a game, and there are ups & downs.  

No, I'm not content to lose, and I'm not perfectly fine with their performance this year, but there is a lot more at play than wins and losses, and the public negativity and moaning does absolutely nothing.

But hey, maybe the difference is the people I'm friends w/on FB vs. who you are.

Nope. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

We rarely run 4 receivers? Hoppes is on the field a ton of snaps. They run a bunch of 2 tight stuff when we aren't trailing by 30. None of this matters but if you don't like running out of 10 formations you're really not gonna like Scott Frost. He will run a bunch of 3 and 4 WR sets to create space in the middle to run.  If anything the opposite of what you are saying is true. when we run the ball we typically run our of 2 tight end sets with a FB and alot of the time motioning a tight end play sidem Something of this variation is almost always done and it draws 8-9 defenders into the box just based on our formation. now if we had a stellar O-line and pro level tight ends, this could end up being an awesome thing as we could still dictate the run game by manhandling the defensive front, then we can use PA and shred the defense with our TEs. Problem is we don't have the personnel, nor a creative play caller. We are very predictable in the run game and make no effort at continuing to establish it even if it is effective. It can be difficult the way our defense is playing, but at the same time, the OC clearly isn't committed to running the ball in general. 

SHHHH you are ruining his platform - how dare you