Diaco and tackling

If we supposedly did not know how to tackle prior to his arrival, what has he done to correct it? How many times have we seen our corners and safeties just try to knock bigger receivers down without wrapping them up? Any ball caught in our secondary can go all the way with the style of tackling we use. Josh Kalu may be the best/worst example of this. I never see him wrap anyone up. We seem to lack so many of the obvious elements to a good defense. Hate to see the guy gone in 1 year. You can say lack of talent when he arrived but even lesser talent can learn to wrap people up when their is contact.

2 hours ago, rdwoodpecker said:

If we supposedly did not know how to tackle prior to his arrival, what has he done to correct it? How many times have we seen our corners and safeties just try to knock bigger receivers down without wrapping them up? Any ball caught in our secondary can go all the way with the style of tackling we use. Josh Kalu may be the best/worst example of this. I never see him wrap anyone up. We seem to lack so many of the obvious elements to a good defense. Hate to see the guy gone in 1 year. You can say lack of talent when he arrived but even lesser talent can learn to wrap people up when their is contact.

Kalu played as a true freshman if I remember right.  He was pretty small.

I just remember how this little dude was squaring up running backs and laying the wood.  He missed a lot of tackles, but he was bringing it.

There is no question he has regressed like so many others on this team.  None of them wrap up.

Edited by gobiggergoredder
  • Plus1 1
3 hours ago, rdwoodpecker said:

this a 1000 times - it used to drive me crazy watching A. Reed act like the arms aren't allowed for defense.  As the year went on the other players seemed to copy his lead.  Maybe that is why Diaco calls them defenders and not defense.