If Frost is hired...recruiting

Garry G

4 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

IMHO, Frost will do fine in recruiting, probably pretty similar to Bo unless he can win big games.

He will have a hard time recruiting quite as well as Riley was though unless he retains a couple certain recruiters.

Bo vs Riley at the same time as coach at Nebraska Bo had a better start to the recruiting class than Riley did. People were thinking this class was so amazing but they didn't even realize taht Bo's class was better for the same length of time in the program (going into the season for both coaches). 

I expect much better skill talent and speed under Coach Frost. 

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Since Riley hasn't recruited any better than Bo this shouldn't be a problem.

Ha knew you’d comment on this, stalker.

Weve been over this, it was better. Doesn’t matter how much better.

3 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Bo vs Riley at the same time as coach at Nebraska Bo had a better start to the recruiting class than Riley did. People were thinking this class was so amazing but they didn't even realize taht Bo's class was better for the same length of time in the program (going into the season for both coaches). 

I expect much better skill talent and speed under Coach Frost. 

You mean like, the only thing Riley was recruiting? Skill position guys.

9 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Ha knew you’d comment on this, stalker.

Weve been over this, it was better. Doesn’t matter how much better.

You mean like, the only thing Riley was recruiting? Skill position guys.

and not even filling the numbers either. It wasn't as good as people tried to make it seem. Not needing a QB and running back? WTF were they thinking? 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

One of the recruiting services named Frost one of the best recruiters in the country when Frost was an assistant at Oregon. I’m sure he knows how important recruiting is to the life blood of a football program. 

Frost will evaluate in-state talent that we’ve let get away. Bazata and Ott needed Nebraska offers. I can’t recall Bazata, but I remember Ott playing in high school and he was a freak. 

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, HIHusker said:

More importantly who are his commits at UCF?  Will they be along for the ride?  We will definitely get any homegrown talent, and most likely get a shot at more FLA guys.  I bet most recruits stay on board IF he comes and we end up with a better class.  Sorry UCF...

That TE looks like a solid recruit...

https://247sports.com/college/central-florida/Season/2018-Football/Commits?sortby=rank

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

No it really hasn't. 

It's one of those things where if you tell a lie often enough people will think it's the truth.

Look it up Mav. You’re wrong on this one.

We researched it and it came to be like .7, but that is better, don’t give a damn by how much. 

Edited by ScottyIce

18 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Look it up Mav. You’re wrong on this one.

We researched it and it came to be like .7, but that is better, don’t give a damn by how much. 

Yes, you love to point out the stats that work in your favor.

Pelini recruited two classes that run laps around what Riley has been able to do.  There is not a statistically significant difference between their average class.  

You're grasping at straws.

I agree its time to move on.  But......................Pelini inherited a much better pool of players than Riley did.  To me this doesnt matter, hasn't mattered and basically won't matter.  They both never exceeded anyones expectations.  In fact, they never even approached expectations.  

If its Frosty, he will get his recruits, keep some of these recruits, and recruit, recruit, recruit.  No matter who is the coach, this first season is going to be  tough.  Getting recruits now is going to be tough when its a 1 to 2 year long process of trust being built.  We don't know if Frost will run a spread offense here..........he might run a power football set, or an option attack, or a spread.  

I think he will get in on some other recruits from other schools, and I think we will lose some of our current crop.  Its what happens.  I do think that the sooner the better on getting this thing done.  It would be nce to have a staff in place in early December so the new staff can hit the ground running and get some new commits.

I think Frost will do very very well in recruiting.  Now, will his classes be top 10?  Maybe....but, probably not.  I think he is the type of coach that knows what he wants and goes after it.  I'm sure he would love to have all 5* recruits.  But, he's also not going to pass on a 500 mile (Or Nebraska) kid because he's not rated high enough.

The day Frost hits the ground, he needs to have the player meeting and let the team know that football is now going to be fun again because we are going to be winning.  And...anyone who doesn't get on board with that, there's the door.

THEN, he needs to call every current commit and convince them that Nebraska is going to be built again with them.

THEN, he needs to call Nebraska kids who are holding and strongly considering scholarship offers to Iowa and Wisconsin.  That just about makes me puke when I see that.

THEN, he needs to decide if there are any of the decommits that he wants and go after them.

I am very confident that Frost will recruit the players we need to win here.  I am also confident that he will do what it takes to instill in those players what it takes to win.

It's about to get fun again.

• Plus1 1

The contrast:   3 years ago we hired a old coach not on anyone's radar, who had only average results at a no-name P5 program.  SF is young, is the hot topic, is on everyone's radar, has an exciting offense and an attacking defense.  What young kid wouldn't want to play for Frost.

After evaluating the talent at NU, Frost should - secure a NU commitment from those players he's already received a commitment from to go to UCF.

Get some JUCO linemen in here esp - no mater how good the offense is on paper, it isn't going anywhere if the line cannot produce. 

Talk to those players who decommited - that is low hanging fruit - they had an interest in NU - I think they will be more open to come back when the hot coach comes calling.

• Plus1 1