Why are reporters not going after one of root problems= Mark Philipp

18 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Thanks Knapp, I was unaware of this, which causes me some concern +1 for the find.

Like we have all been told when we go see a doc and we get results we do not feel is right “maybe we need to get a second opinion”?

I don’t know the answer, just seems since we got crushed by Colorado, our MOJO became absent.

Edited by TAKODA
(Sp) fat fingers
1 minute ago, TAKODA said:

Thanks Knapp, I was unaware of this, which causes me some concern +1 for the find.

Like we have all been told when we go see a doc and we get results we do not feel is right “maybe we need to get a second opinion”?

I don’t know the answer, just seems since we got crushed by Colorado, our MOJO became absent.

That's a bit true in football - we've been stumbling around since 2001 all right.  But in other sports we seem to be doing OK. 

Sports psychology definitely has a place, but it's not shocking that the teams that do the best have the best coaches, athletes & motivation, as well as good input from our psych staff. 

"Winning cures all ills," as the old saying goes.

You can have the best S&C in the world, but if the coaches wont make the players attend or work hard, it does absolutely nothing.  Mark is a hell of a trainer, but there is no accountability from the players. A few players think they are so good they dont need to workout, or if they do its "half-assed" then they leave. 

Edited by Melby

The 'ROOT' of the problem.  Lets talk about that for a second before you point just one finger.

The PROBLEM(s) at Nebraska are FAR more vast than the current state of S&C.  Shall we review?

Tom Osborne retires (way too early IMHO)

Coaches don't respect Frank Solich

Eric Crouch cover up how fast the team was slipping

Steve Pederson

Not giving Frank and Bo a chance to see what they could do

Bill Callahan

Kevin Cosgrove

70-10

Bo's hiring

Bo's tirades

Bo's disdain for the media

Bo's recruiting prowess

45-14 - 2007

Marvin Sanders being stupid

Eichorst

Riley

Banker

Purdue 2015

Illinois 2015

...  It list is not even close to complete!!!!

During this time how many changes have we had in:

Offensive Schemes

Defensive schemes

Starting QBs

Culture shifts

Compare this to a list of Nebraska's successes over the past 20 years

Nebraska's football team in 2017 is the collection of colossal failures that have been 20 years in the making.  There is not a single point of failure...but the entire thing has to be scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Depressed Husker said:

..the LJS and OWH select reporters have been covering football for years, some a decade now, I wonder why Mark Phillip is being glossed over..

...just one object example is Our O Line...perhaps 40% body fat..? virtually NO core (butt, thigh ) power and absolutely unacceptable upper body strength...and why in the world are senior lineman  on the pine and young weak players starting..? It appears in Division 1 Big ten football, it take 4 years to build, physically, a offensive and defensive lineman powerful enough to compete..Rfreshm and sophomore starters all over the place..? The whole Development process is so broken in every way..when a man, specifically a lineman, who has been in the program 4-5 years is on the bench..something is seriously amiss..

I mentioned this, as well. Our S&C program has been broken for a while.

It seems like Our staff were more concerned with putting 'weight' on by any means necessary, rather than putting quality weight (and developing strength to go w/ it) slowly/properly.

Other lineman at top programs are 'rectangular' or 'apple' shaped (The midsection may be big, but the legs and upper body are big and strong); our o-line seems to field too many 'pear' shaped lineman.

28 minutes ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

the oline lately has been built and coached to pass block so no need to compare to the old oline of the 90s.  anyways its not going to matter after friday.  cav and phillipe will be gone.

The D line looks the part, unfortunately our scheme, “strain” doesn’t like to use their strength to our advantage