Kevin Sumlin out at Texas A&M

2 hours ago, admo said:

Being reported by Houston Chronical. Don't have link but it's all over radio in DFW area.

Saying it will happen after next game against LSU

The thing is, they're having a down year, but he's actually done well for that program and their transition to the SEC. 

Then again, the only alumni base in Texas that is collectively more racist and myopic than Texass are the ATM fans, so this wouldn't shock me in the least. 

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

It's the SEC. Reasonable actions aren't necessary. 

That's certainly a valid point, but I still find it hard to believe that they are risking these shark infested waters with a winning coach. I think they probably already have their fish(Jimbo or somebody else they feel good about) in the boat. 

6 hours ago, desertshox said:

8 wins in the SEC is like 15 in any other conference. 

BS, I know the SEC West is a tough conference at the top with Bama and Auburn (every other year), but it's not as deep as other conferences.  Plus, they only play 8 conference games, so TAMU is able to get 3 easy non-conference wins and play one semi-tough P5 non-conference every year.

14 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Funny thing about Sumlin is he had his best season when the SEC was at its strongest point. Since then it's been downhill for the quality of that conference and for A&M. UCLA 45 A&M 44 is all you really need to know about Sumlin coached teams the last few years. 

The biggest difference-maker in CFB is a great dual-threat qb. Manziel was a monster back then. 

On 11/23/2017 at 10:10 AM, ColoradoHusk said:

BS, I know the SEC West is a tough conference at the top with Bama and Auburn (every other year), but it's not as deep as other conferences.  Plus, they only play 8 conference games, so TAMU is able to get 3 easy non-conference wins and play one semi-tough P5 non-conference every year.

methinks i need to work on my sarcasm.