What's most important to you?

1. Being prepared to play, from the moment the game starts. Riley's team is never ready to play and is seemingly down 14-0 before they know what happened. We've seen that this team actually plays pretty good football sometimes when it is way behind..... but only when it gets to that point.

2. Physical assertion on the line of scrimmage. The major missing factor in every poor Nebraska team of the last 15 years.

3. Fundamentals, fundamentals, fundamentals. Blocking, tackling, catching, blocking, tackling, catching, tackling. Taking care of the football. Not false starting. Not getting caught with 10 or 12 men on the field. Not having to waste timeouts due to formation confusion. No drive-extending personal foul penalties. 

4. Players and teams that improve and progress over the course of a season and a career. Guys that are actually better as seniors than they are as freshman. Teams that aren't making the same stupid mistakes in game 11 that they are in game 2.

5. Accountability and hunger. If you aren't performing, somebody else is gonna take your place. If you screw up royally, you sit.

If we can have some success with all these things, the wins will come naturally.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, skersfan said:

Seeing the fan base come back together.  What ever it takes to accomplish that.  Makes everyone of us proud of our team, staff, on and off the field.  

I could not agree with this more. As these last 15 years of Husker football have drug on, I am becoming more and more convinced that the fans are just as much of a problem. It is most definitely one of those chicken/egg dilemmas, but on-field performance/passionate fanbase are growing problems. 

It it just seems like for every 1 fan that wants success for the Huskers but is rationale about what it takes. There are 3 who either: can’t leave the past; use their high school football career to critique the current team; or are more committed to winning arguments about the team, than enjoying the team we do have. 

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, Landlord said:

Basically, I'd like to see the fully realized/maximized potential version of our 2010 team. An aggressive, power spread offense with a suffocating defense.

Besides that, I want to know what it feels like for fans of teams like Oklahoma, Ohio State, Penn State, USC, Bama, etc., to go into a big time top 10 primetime matchup and at least having confidence that it will be an actual competition. Leading up to games like that with a 50/50 chance of it being a total embarassment but not because of lack of talent or ability, but lack of mental fortitude, is no way to enjoy sports.

I think this is a good one and where I am at.  You knew what the outcome of the Penn State and Ohio State game this year before the game was going to be played.  It was going to be ugly, the only item in question was how ugly.  I know times have changed and we aren't ever going to see the 90's run in any shape or form in my lifetime again.  That doesn't mean we can't be competitive.  We should compete for the division title every year and be competitive and win occasionally the the Big 10.  I would like to think I would be happy with that.  

The most important thing to me is that the HUSKERS return to national prominence. We have been so irrelevant for so long that the media is using us as joke punch lines. I want us to COMPETE and play hard. It is ok to lose but play hard and compete and be able to beat teams that are ranked on consistent basis rather than once in a blue moon. I simply want my Huskers to play with heart and husker pride that the 90s Huskers player with. I want my Huskers to strike fear in their opponents rather than just an opportunity for other teams to break records on our backs. Any coach that can bring that to my Huskers is the right coach. 

• Plus1 1

On 11/23/2017 at 3:44 AM, CheeseHusker said:

1. Being prepared to play, from the moment the game starts. Riley's team is never ready to play and is seemingly down 14-0 before they know what happened. We've seen that this team actually plays pretty good football sometimes when it is way behind..... but only when it gets to that point.

2. Physical assertion on the line of scrimmage. The major missing factor in every poor Nebraska team of the last 15 years.

3. Fundamentals, fundamentals, fundamentals. Blocking, tackling, catching, blocking, tackling, catching, tackling. Taking care of the football. Not false starting. Not getting caught with 10 or 12 men on the field. Not having to waste timeouts due to formation confusion. No drive-extending personal foul penalties. 

4. Players and teams that improve and progress over the course of a season and a career. Guys that are actually better as seniors than they are as freshman. Teams that aren't making the same stupid mistakes in game 11 that they are in game 2.

5. Accountability and hunger. If you aren't performing, somebody else is gonna take your place. If you screw up royally, you sit.

If we can have some success with all these things, the wins will come naturally.

I'm going to frame this.

1) Play elite level blackshirt defense (talking Wisconsin/Michigan good)

2) Ability to run the ball very effectively (may never be 90’s good but a quality rushing attack)

3) Dual-threat Quarterback 

4) Identity (give us a quality product that screams Nebraska... hopefully physical and with passion)

5) Contend for B1G titles (challenge Wisconsin for West titles to start)

Edited by BartonHusker

I just want to see a team that is fundamentally sound.  A team like that will not beat itself.  I want to see our opponents earn their wins against us.  What it all boils down to is love of the game really.  There's no substitute for that.  We've seen some disrespect shown for the game in recent seasons.

p.s. - I'm sort of paraphrasing Frank Leahy above.  I don't think he'd mind.

1 hour ago, BartonHusker said:

1) Play elite level blackshirt defense (talking Wisconsin/Michigan good)

2) Ability to run the ball very effectively (may never be 90’s good but a quality rushing attack)

3) Dual-threat Quarterback 

4) Identity (give us a quality product that screams Nebraska... hopefully physical and with passion)

5) Contend for B1G titles (challenge Wisconsin for West titles to start)

+1