Imaginationland Part II - Mike Leach Hired

HIHusker

I m VERY confident Frost is coming.  But, playing a game to take a break from the aforementioned giant thread boredom, Leach would be very welcome in my book if another option was necessary.  Chip Kelly is going to Florida (unless he falls in love with UCLA but I doubt it) and I Pederson is not leaving Washington.  I would love to see Patterson but he isn't leaving TCU.  

2 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I am but this is just a for fun thread isn't it?

Dude I feel for you right now, you were kind enough to share the knowledge you have and ever since then every word of yours is being analyzed. Thanks for sharing what you did, sorry that any time you say “yet” or “but” it’s another sidebar...And to expand on your comment, yes we’ve done worse; Riley, callahan. We could also of done way worse had Bounds and Green not acted and waited to react.

Edited by bisonwiches

i'm not sure that Leach would be a good fit here.

I'm absolutely positive that he could win here, though.

The difference between him and Pelini is that Pelini was an a-hole that was also a paranoid dude with anger management issues.

Leach is a stuck-up a-hole with no filter.

Both of them are good coaches in their own way.  Both of them have/would clash with Nebraska's fans/media/admin/boosters.

• Plus1 1

We may never know about Leach.  He has won 10-11 games at Texas Tech and 9-10 at Washington ST.  He has never coached where he is the one and only show in town.  I tend to think that he might do the same here.  9-11 wins per season.  His teams don't usually get blown out.  His teams attract talent at WR, and at QB.  I wouldn't pass on him if Frost says no.  I think he could do a really good job here if given that chance, but I would think that he might not deliver titles in the B1G.  I do think we could and would win the West side of this discussion though,  but not beat Michigan, Ohio St or Penn ST.  

15 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I’m of the opinion that winners will win anywhere.  Some people are able to win in some place or circumstances, but no others.

These two sentences are like, completely opposite of each other :lol:

I think the data proves you wrong though. Look at people like Steve Spurrier at Florida vs at South Carolina, Lou Holtz at Notre Dame vs South Carolina, Nick Saban at Michigan State and the Miami Dolphins vs LSU/Bama, etc. 

8 hours ago, secretasianman said:

I think Leach would have the same success here that Pelini had. I think he would reach the 8-10 win plateau, but would struggle to win “the games that matter”.  

Came here to say exactly this.  Only people might put up with him longer since his public persona is much more agreeable.  And he'd threaten to cannonball Memorial from his Pirateship at Capital Beach.

4 hours ago, Landlord said:

These two sentences are like, completely opposite of each other :lol:

I think the data proves you wrong though. Look at people like Steve Spurrier at Florida vs at South Carolina, Lou Holtz at Notre Dame vs South Carolina, Nick Saban at Michigan State and the Miami Dolphins vs LSU/Bama, etc. 

Data proves me wrong?  What data?  It’s my opinion.

You can paint the picture however you want.  We’ve seen plenty of one hit wonders and their success doesn’t translate to other places.  Brady Hoke and Dan Hawkins come to mind.

Not quite sure where Saban was unsuccessful?  The Dolphins? I don’t consider the NFL and college the same discipline.  He took over an MSU program that hadn’t won a game the previous year.  Lou Holtz has had a lot of success at multiple universities.

If the measuring stick is national championships, your not going to have many to choose from.

Edited by gobiggergoredder
17 hours ago, Mr.Rodgers said:

Frost, Kelly, Leach in that order...I’d be fine with any of em!

2 of the 3 have pretty recent "issues" that reek damaged goods- one of the reasons Leach was hanging out in the Keys for years after TT fired him, and also why Chip went to the NFL

no thanks to both of them. We don't need the NCAA snooping around looking for reasons to put us on probation