Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?

I have a friend who plays for calabasas (not a starter) and got the chance to hang out with guys like bookie and keyshawn jr. He tells me that while keyshawn has been back in california he has seen him at a ton of parties, smoking weed, etc. Also says at the beginning of the year the whole calabasas locker room talked GBR chatter. Now there is none of that he said. 

Also hate to say this too and I didn't want to believe it but he said bookie was a bully toward lesser talented people on the team like himself and my friend actually hated him with a passion. 

Didn't want to bring it up before but since I have the information might as well put it out there for others to interpret. Would still love to have bookie but keyshawn imo was not dedicated and isn't a really big miss. 

5 hours ago, lo country said:

Hate to say it, kid showed up and blew it.  I'm not keeping Riley another year to get a kid who wasn't committed his first time around.  I question seniors judgement if he really thinks Riley was the answer.......

I questioned Sr.'s judgement the day he wrote a book that threw a whole team under the bus

2 hours ago, GoBigRed7228 said:

screw him for talking about TA like that. Kid was a warrior. 

It's not like the same thing hasn't been said thousands of times by our fanbase, even within the last 9 months. I know we're perceiving Keyshawn to be an outsider ~bad guy~, but in all fairness, he's done more for our university than most any of us have in terms of positive publicity and praise. 

No need to get bent out of shape about it (kudos to Tommy for being such a level headed and gracious man in his responses). Just accept that they're not part of "we" any more, and that's fine. They don't have to be.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Saunders said:

Because of what they said?

Tommy gave more for this program than they ever did, and now they're taking shots because they don't get their way.

That's not cool.

1) I think the word you're looking for is extortion, and Senior is not doing that either.  

2) Senior never cared about Nebraska as a program.  The only reason he brought those kids out here was because of Riley.  I don't know why you're surprised he's pissed.  

• Plus1 3
4 hours ago, Saunders said:

Because of what they said?

Tommy gave more for this program than they ever did, and now they're taking shots because they don't get their way.

That's not cool.

I didn't realize that was a shot at Tommy. Sr. Can kindly never step foot in Memorial Stadium again.  Armstrong and Lee are 2% difference in career completion percentage.

Tommy gave his all for this team. Good response as well. I will always respect him as a player, he may not be the best but he proudly carried on the tradition of tough and gutsy Nebraska quarterbacks.

Edited by ZRod
  • Plus1 2

I am glad that Tommy responded. Was he a great passer.... no, but he was a great leader who never gave up. From everything you heard he was a great teammate. Glad he was a Husker. 

Just like I am glad that kjsr will not be a helicopter parent at Nebraska. To many players have given more than they have been asked to to have some parent of a kid who will never play here critize a four starter at quarterback.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?