Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?

21 minutes ago, FTW said:

If there's any Tom Osborne in Frost, he won't recruit prima-donna's. I know, Tom gave Frost a second chance, too but under different circumstances. If he did come back, he would have to keep his head on a swivel.

Are you saying Frost was a primadonna?  Frost wanted to be a NFL quarterback and went to play for Mr. West Coast Offense himself in Bill Walsh.  There was nothing wrong with his decision.  He chose what was the best for his dream.  He found out he wasn't the prototype NFL QB and came home.  Again, nothing wrong with what he did and I can't imagine Osborne being too upset with him.  If Osborne was upset, he isn't the man I think he is.  

Just now, southernoregonhusker said:

Are you saying Frost was a primadonna?  Frost wanted to be a NFL quarterback and went to play for Mr. West Coast Offense himself in Bill Walsh.  There was nothing wrong with his decision.  He chose what was the best for his dream.  He found out he wasn't the prototype NFL QB and came home.  Again, nothing wrong with what he did and I can't imagine Osborne being too upset with him.  If Osborne was upset, he isn't the man I think he is.  

You misunderstood my post. I'm referring to Junior. Put the pitch fork away.

5a1f8ff211e9d_tenor(1).gif.c9f0dfc35c2714f5902e8c7049bd91e1.gif

5 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

People were ticked when he went to Stanford and he took a lot of crap when he came back.  Was all forgiven when he helped win the title?  I don't know.  

Nope. Some former players and even fans still hold that against him, unfortunately. You would think all the blood, sweat, and tears would be enough for Scott to be forgiven but some people just want to beat men to their knees. Frost isn't a guy that'll allow it.

Yeah well, change is hard. It was hard for us to realize KJJ needed a change of scenery to get his son’s head out of the clouds. But we accepted that and heaped praise on you for doing it. 

Change is hard for a program so thirsty for wins we get a “google who?” Head coach and swallow that and accept a guy who makes changes most of us thought was backwards. But still showed up every Saturday to cheer since 1968. 

Change is hard watching a program with so many “hasn’t happened since 1954” collapse slowly and surely over 20 yrs. Change is hard watching “why are you a Husker fan” threads. Change is hard watching Duke, Okl St, Iowa St, and Penn St come from damn near death to top 25 rankings and freakin bowl game status, we aren’t even bowling!!

Changing ADs, Coaches, offenses, defenses, and what  colors we should wear for games is hard. 

So, ya know Sr...watching your son change his school allegiance because a guy who loses to NIU, NIU!!! at home feels hard to you? Here’s your damn ball, take it and go to whatever school will take your kid and go play football there. 

We NEED a change. We should be bowling and counting on more than 2 fingers our B1G conference selections. 

Change is hard, but sadly something we’ve become accustomed to. So, go change schools whilst we change head coaches. Our change we’ll stand by.  I hope your son has made changes and will realize success from that change, like we will realize success from our change. 

2 hours ago, FTW said:

If there's any Tom Osborne in Frost, he won't recruit prima-donna's.

99% of star athletes are prima donnas. You would be too if everyone paid insane amounts of attention to you and you were constantly hearing about how great you are.

Tom Osborne recruited Eric Crouch. Crouch threatened to quit the team if he wasn't named the starting QB. Prima donna.

• Plus1 7

Why is KJJ a prima donna? I haven't seen him complain about any of this and it seems to me he has stayed loyal and worked hard to earn back his opportunity. Seems like a good kid who made some mistakes/wasn't quite ready to grow up. We have all been there but the important thing is how do you respond? I like the way this young man has responded.

• Plus1 1

One thing to remember about Key Sr. is the the podcast/radio show discussion from over the summer about Nebraska and Mike Riley. At the time, he said it didn't matter if his son was going to a school in the midwest that wasn't a powerhouse because that wasn't the goal. The goal was the NFL. He then heaped praise on Williams and Riley for their ability to prepare guys for the next level.

His interest in Nebraska's overall football success is minimal which, in combination of his affection for Riley, explains why he's defensive about Riley losing his job. The fan base and stakeholders, conversely, will not accept a mediocre program whose goal is getting some players to the NFL.

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, Enhance said:

One thing to remember about Key Sr. is the the podcast/radio show discussion from over the summer about Nebraska and Mike Riley. At the time, he said it didn't matter if his son was going to a school in the midwest that wasn't a powerhouse because that wasn't the goal. The goal was the NFL. He then heaped praise on Williams and Riley for their ability to prepare guys for the next level.

His interest in Nebraska's overall football success is minimal which, in combination of his affection for Riley, explains why he's defensive about Riley losing his job. The fan base and stakeholders, conversely, will not accept a mediocre program whose goal is getting some players to the NFL.

Daddy Keyshawn is a prima dona idiot:  like father like son.

Edited by Big Red Commie
8 minutes ago, Big Red Commie said:

Buh bye, cya, dont come back.   And that goes for any of them that don't want to be here-get the f*** out.  Obviously they are losers if they want to continue to play for a loser coach and cannot recognize how great things will be under a winner like Frost.Maybe they can all follow Daddy Riley out to West Coast Bumfuk U and be a "thing"...

Great receivers and other skill players are going to be falling all over themselves to play for Frost.

As long as JD stays we`re good, I love that guy.

This is a fantastically awful post. 

• Plus1 7
  • Mavric changed the title to Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?