Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?

On 11/26/2017 at 1:35 PM, NM11046 said:

Fair enough - but I'll still stand by my comment that our "fans" speaking like this about any 18 year old are tacky.  Makes me sad to see it.

• "Add Keyshawn Jr. to the list of "famous sons" (with Puff Daddy's kid, Snoop Dogg's kid) who have done nothing at the colleges they initially went to play football."
  • "what did KJJ actually contribute here, other than to the local weed economy?"
  • "Oh no, a kid who never saw the field, couldn’t even figure out how to hide smoking weed and make it through his freshman year without getting kicked off the team isn’t coming back? The program is truly over"
  • "We'll be down one chubby wideout. I hope we can get by without him."
  • "I really think jr. is convinced he can ride on his dad’s coattails. He got off to a poor start, give me a hard working, dedicated kid with even less talent or name recognition!"

Meh, most of those statements are a pretty obvious jokes, or fair assessments of his college career thus far. ALL of it was harmless. He's 19 years old. He's an adult. I think he can take it.... and if not, he's in for a long life.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
  • Plus1 4

3 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Meh, most of those statements are a pretty obvious jokes, or fair assessments of his college career thus far. ALL of it was harmless. He's 19 years old. He's an adult. I think he can take it.... and if not, he's in for a long life.

While I agree with your general premise, I'd argue this point: age doesn't determine whether you're an adult or not. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Big Red Commie said:

Guess somebody should tell the OP then.

OP was referring to comments made by Keyshawn Sr. around the time Riley was fired. Keyshawn Jr. didn't appear to be on the same page as his father, his Twitter is super husker heavy. If you would read the thread in its entirety instead of making assumptions based off the OP you could have found this information yourself 

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

OP was referring to comments made by Keyshawn Sr. around the time Riley was fired. Keyshawn Jr. didn't appear to be on the same page as his father, his Twitter is super husker heavy. If you would read the thread in its entirety instead of making assumptions based off the OP you could have found this information yourself 

I predict hes gonzo, back to Cali where its warm and he doesnt have to compete for PT w a guy named "Spielman".

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

This is so clearly not about what KJJ can and can't take but about how Nebraska fans conduct ourselves. What we consider fine and what we consider beneath us. It's possible to not be a fan of KJ without endorsing or excusing away the comments quoted above. None of those people would go up to Keyshawn and say it to his face, which I suppose makes them real internet tough guys.

• Plus1 6
1 minute ago, zoogs said:

This is so clearly not about what KJJ can and can't take but about how Nebraska fans conduct ourselves. What we consider fine and what we consider beneath us. It's possible to not be a fan of KJ without endorsing or excusing away the comments quoted above. None of those people would go up to Keyshawn and say it to his face, which I suppose makes them real internet tough guys.

You could probably find a time to say that about every internet message board frequenter ever. Like I said, most of what I've seen in this thread is harmless.

• Mavric changed the title to Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?