Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

Keyshawn's dad is obnoxious.  I don't need the parents of players to weigh in on things.  I don't care if you're famous.  Go away.  Shoo! Scram! Git!

It's annoying, but by all accounts in public that we, who don't know the man personally, can see, he's a great father and role model for his son. This is the second side of the double-edged sword of heavily involved parents - but the first, good side is the one that got us a ton of publicity, didn't let Jr. fool around and stay on campus, and has done a lot of great things for his kid and his friends.

Edited by Landlord
  • Plus1 2

I heard from the first  day of recruiting school in lovely San Diego, sell the Corps, not the job,  works out to sell the school, not the coach.  Make them love Nebraska, live for Nebraska, run thru walls for Nebraska, coach leaves the school is still there.  Never sell them something you can not deliver.  With Keyshaun you have an involved father that wants the best for his son , but was sold on the job not school.  He wants some control as things may have not been going at home like he had expected, pretty normal for kids this age.  Peer pressure, girl friends and all.  Felt a place far away was better than this hole of California.  Felt he could trust his kid in Coach Riley's care.  Didn't work out so well, kid goes home or is ordered home, parental adjustment.  He felt comfortable with Coach Riley, Jr felt good with coach Riley.  Have to wait if Coach Frost will feel comfortable with both.  That is who has to be satisfied.  I am all for the kid getting a try, and Sr coming around to the new staff.  It can do nothing but good.  Pop is on TV a lot and carries a lot of weight.  Hopefully we can use it with Jr fitting in and staying out of trouble.  He gives indications he can and wants to.  Coach Frost is the one that has to give him the chance.  Not senior.''

And there is another 100 plus of these potential problems the Coach Frost must face/handle, some to a lessor degree and other to maybe a worse degree.  

Kid wants to be Husker.  We will soon see if he has the gumption to be one.  I think he will make it.  Never been a question about him wanting to be, the question was could he be.  Again will be answered in the first few months.  I am betting on him to do what Coach Frost wants.

This is going to be very interesting to watch.  I really like KJJ and think he has a tremendous amount of physical talent.  However, he's a sort of poster child for showing up in Lincoln not ready to do what it takes to help the program succeed.

It will be interesting to see what he needs to do to convince Frost he's ready to be committed to working his ass off.

• Mavric changed the title to Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?