Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?

How old is he again?  19? 

He's not allowed to make a few boneheaded mistakes at that age? 

It's funny that people seem to think that kids that age have a different perspective on life because they've been offered a scholarship to play football, or their parent is who they are.

Kids are kids no matter where you are.  They all make youthful, stupid mistakes.  The key is to make sure they don't make tons of stupid, youthful mistakes.

Let Junior be - this process is going to shape him into the man he's going to be in life.

• Plus1 6

I think/hope the kid had a come to Jesus moment. I also think that SR probably did the right/best thing he could have done. I never did the weed thing, but I did enough other stuff, underage drinking and driving over twice the speed limit on many occasions, just never got caught. The internet age has made it impossible to get caught and not have everyone in the world know it for the rest of your life. Give the kid a break, because a kid he is.  If your son or daughter got caught doing something stupid, as most have, how would you like it to be on all the national message boards bashing the kid relentlessly????

Personally I have no issues with Jr.  It sucks he came in unprepared after all the pageantry of his recruitment and the whole Calibraska movement stuff.  But frankly weed is just such a BS thing to get in trouble for, that goes double for NFL players.  I would rather see a player smoking some pot to help alleviate some stress or pain than taking fist-fulls of narcotics.  Maybe that's just me.

Sr. on the other hand handled the Riley firing badly.  He took shots at former players and tried holding us hostage via his son, who frankly wasn't the best receiver in his class, and the California pipeline.  He has backed off this and that's a good idea.  College Football is a business and he knows this and shouldn't have ever looked at himself as bigger than the program or as some kind of savior.

• Plus1 5

Yes, it's B.S.

But they know it's against the rules and that's all there is to it. Personally, I don't get why it's so hard to not do it. I have it every time I go to Colorado or Washington but I've never craved it when I don't have legal access to it. Anyway... that's a whole different topic, heh.

People definitely need to separate Jr. and Sr., and Jr. should keep making sure people know he's his own person.

Edited by Moiraine

I like KJ Jr. a whole lot. I think that with guidance from his father, who has been in the game a looong time, that KJ Jr. has the potential to become a superstar. It will take more work, perhaps, than he thinks. But at that age, we all think it will come easy.

I hope he decides NU is the place, and I hope he comes in prepared for the battle. Judging by the pictures above, I think young Keyshawn may have begun growing up in more ways than one. The body transformation, the self discipline is now quite evident. If he can transfer that to mental toughness and onto the field, who knows? The man certainly has the genes. Does he have the will? Hopefully we will see here at NU.

• Mavric changed the title to Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?