Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?

• Mavric changed the title to Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?

Junior could have at any time taken the easy route and went Juco or stayed at home after we sent him packing. How many kids with all of the options he has would be this determined to go back to something a year later when you failed the first time? Alot of kids in his position would have just went to a west coast school imo especially after a coaching change. His level of commitment speaks volumes to me. 

• Plus1 6

3 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

A lot of judgement cast in this thread for an 18 year old kid that smoked some weed.  Get off your high horses (pun intended) and give this kid a chance.  Yes, he needs to prove himself but some of you guys act like you never made a stupid decision at that age.  And if you didn't, I bet you were some fun at parties.

Even the nerds of Lambda Lambda Lambda know that drugs and alcohol can make for a good party.

image.jpeg.2d5f938cbaa8edfc2c11c3ff86ed427a.jpeg

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

A lot of judgement cast in this thread for an 18 year old kid that smoked some weed.  Get off your high horses (pun intended) and give this kid a chance.  Yes, he needs to prove himself but some of you guys act like you never made a stupid decision at that age.  And if you didn't, I bet you were some fun at parties.

I know...this happens every single time.  Usually followed up by the old "If I had a chance to play for the Huskers, all I would do is practice, lift and watch film"

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Word is KJJ and KJS are giving the staff a little space since they know they're busy this week.  But they're going to try to get in contact next week to see if the new staff would be interested in having KJJ back or if they need to look for a different school.

Surprised no one got all worked up cause he unpinned his "the return" tweet. I'd welcome him back, think he matured quite a bit over the last year. I mean, heaven forbid that some recruiting prominence got in the head of a kid and he had the fortune to be able to step back and re-evaluate things. Not a huge fan of his father's comments but I am not going to let that get in the way of throwing  cause me to throw shade his way. Hope KJJ can prove several nay-sayers wrong.

Edited by HuskerNBigD
complete your thought, HuskerNBigD
  • Plus1 1

Frost and Co want him back, I'm all for it. Frost has a different philosophy on O than Riley.  Maybe KJJ fits, maybe he doesn't.  A coach doesn't take and 0-12 team to 12-0 in 2 years by pounding the proverbial square peg in a round hole....He's addressing the short comings he sees and getting guys that fit his vision moving forward.