Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?

20 minutes ago, lo country said:

Not bashing him.  Agreeing with Miller. I said earlier, if he fits with what Frost and company want, then come on.  Bottom line, kids don't want to play here, see ya.  Same with  all the other guys.  If you are loyal to a coach, then don't come here.  It's that simple.  It's not personal.  Same with them not choosing NU.  I don't take it personal.  Don't come to a place that you are not 100% committed to be at.  The whole put these kids on a pedestal and don't hurt their feelings.....

I want pipe hitters at NU. Not saying he isn't or wouldn't be, but if you don't want to be "N", be gone....Again not personal.  

Best of luck to him and the others who moved on.  I still watch and cheer for former NU coaches.....Still follow some of the kids who've left NU when they are on TV......Bottom line, kids revel in their twitterspehre, expect some comments. (no I don't tweet out to players or recruits)

That’s the problem...

• Plus1 4

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

Pipe Hitter- Some one or a group of people who are willing to go to the extreme in order to get things accomplished.

Unsure if you're saying that's the problem with NU i.e. no one willing to go to the extreme  or "pipe hitter" being one who smokes weed.....

‘‘Twas a tongue in cheek reference of the latter relating to Jr... 

• Plus1 1

Dismuke has a lot of room to grow but he had a nose for the ball and seemed to be in on many tackles or near the pile during the snaps he was out there. I hope he doesn’t leave. Should have a the opportunity to start. 

Gebbia has a wide open opportunity to start for 2-4 years, only way I see him leave is if he doesn’t want to run the ball much and looking for a different culture. 

KJJ is meh. On one hand he is just another guy who flopped his opportunity and text book example of why not to hype up recruits, but the other hand he has been a pretty standup individual in the public following the dismissal - that must be his moms guidance. (I kinda like Senior but in small portions). With that, good luck to him and I hope he finds success at his next step. 

Attrition is gonna be a more popular word this off season. 

12 hours ago, Football Guy Bob said:

God damn

Not really much to do with KJJ, but more the team that is in Lincoln:  how many players on the roster feel like Miller?  I'm hoping there is a huge group that has been chomping at the bit to just get after somebody on offense and defense.  How many of these guys have felt like they've been trapped in a system of read and react and they are finally going to get off their leash and go.  I'm already anxious for this fall, Miller's Tweet just made that wait much "harder" (take that any way you want, you're not wrong ;) )

14 hours ago, Football Guy Bob said:

God damn

Good on him! Hopefully more guys feel this way. I'm guessing winter workouts are gonna weed out the weak. The weak will quit, the guys who have heart and want to work will flourish. They finally have a coach that knows what it takes to win. 

• Plus1 2

My opinion on Colin's public comment - piss poor.  Feel that way, challenge the kid in practice, on the field, face to face but this shouldn't ever have been put out to thousands on twitter.  I'll give him a little slack because he's an 18 year old kid (but I'd expect the current coaching staff has a convo with him, and that the tweet be taken down immediately), but I don't give any slack to all those on HB and twitter and elsewhere who are beating up KJJ or giving this kid a slap on the back for tearing down a teammate.  

• Plus1 5
Just now, Bornhusker said:

yeah, I saw this.. I also saw this guy spelled America with KKK on his home page. After complaining about fans attacking KJ he then attacks NU by calling them horrible.

Sorry, but that is being a hypocrite

The point of my post is to show the affects of people teeeting at players/recruits. 

It it needs to stop. 

• Plus1 1