Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?

Who really cares about Key Jr?  The guy got caught doing something that maybe 1 in 3 college athletes get caught doing and goes home........I mean most take there 1 or 2 game suspension and deal with it.  There is more to this than getting caught with some weed.  Don't care what is said in the public.  Things weren't looking good for Key Jr from the start and he wanted out of here.  He didn't lose any eligibility.  Key Jr lost nothing here.  So why would it matter at this point?

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

It's not like the same thing hasn't been said thousands of times by our fanbase, even within the last 9 months. I know we're perceiving Keyshawn to be an outsider ~bad guy~, but in all fairness, he's done more for our university than most any of us have in terms of positive publicity and praise. 

No need to get bent out of shape about it (kudos to Tommy for being such a level headed and gracious man in his responses). Just accept that they're not part of "we" any more, and that's fine. They don't have to be.

youre right, youre right. Gut reaction for sure. 

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

I didn't realize that was a shot at Tommy. Sr. Can kindly never step foot in Memorial Stadium again.  Armstrong and Lee are 2% difference in career completion percentage.

Tommy gave his all for this team. Good response as well. I will always respect him as a player, he may not be the best bit he proudly carried on the tradition of tough and gutsy Nebraska quarterbacs.

And that 2% disappears if you do not count all the 4th quarter passing this year when the other team has their 3rd stringers in.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, famoustitles said:

Or 3 years, but whose counting really?

Seriously, Sr. Would be wise to take his bias out of it and look at the situation for what it is.  Coach went 4-8, maybe, after 3 years and gets replaced by the top prospect in the country, maybe.  Why the hell wouldn't you want your son to go back?  Because B******t.

Edited by Redux
  • Plus1 1

We need to stop recruiting soft minded California kids.  That's not how we're gunna get Nebraska back to where it needs to be.  Gotta have tough kids with grit and attitude.  No big loss here.  I also lost all respect after he went after TA.  That kid gave every game his all.  What a great leader.  He was the only reason we even won 9 games last year.  This dude can go kick rocks.

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Cornhole said:

1) I think the word you're looking for is extortion, and Senior is not doing that either.  

2) Senior never cared about Nebraska as a program.  The only reason he brought those kids out here was because of Riley.  I don't know why you're surprised he's pissed.  

Well, if Senior wants Junior to go somewhere and play for MR next year he’s going to be really disappointed   

11 hours ago, famoustitles said:

Lot of ground between 4-8 and a national championship there Keyshawn. 

Isn't that from an interview like a month or two ago? Is Sr. actually saying the same thing now, or is this guy just digging up old comments?

I have not researched this so I don't know how accurate it is. But perception to me feels like California kids are always rated as high as southeast kids. But they never seem to pan out- they do ok in the soft PAC 12. The only cali guy I can think of off the top of my head that was an all out stud was Phillips- as far as playing at Nebraska anyway. 

• Mavric changed the title to Keyshawn Jr. Gone if Riley is Fired?