Head Basketball Coach Search

43 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Nebraska was predicted LAST.  And we had roster turnover of EVERYTHING.

I'd say Miles has just as much to be happy about as Holtmann

Nope. Actually we were picked 13th and Ohio State was picked 11th. The difference is that OSU is easily in Tournament with a good seed and we still need to win and a bubble team. I would be shocked if it’s not Holtmann

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/nebraska-men-s-basketball-predicted-to-finish-near-bottom-of/article_a34a72dc-b34e-11e7-ac6a-23fccda68963.html

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, huskersrule95 said:

Nope. Actually we were picked 13th and Ohio State was picked 11th. The difference is that OSU is easily in Tournament with a good seed and we still need to win and a bubble team. I would be shocked if it’s not Holtmann

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/nebraska-men-s-basketball-predicted-to-finish-near-bottom-of/article_a34a72dc-b34e-11e7-ac6a-23fccda68963.html

They will also take into account that Holtmann took over in June and is in his first year at OSU.  I would be shocked if Miles isn't 2nd in the voting though.

19 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

Man, after the way things went with Riley and N football, I feel somewhat vindicated. Timmy has done a nice job this year and has really shut the naysayers the heck up.... especially on HB.

The question is will he sustain the success or will it be a repeat of the seasons after the tourney year.

On 1/25/2018 at 9:24 AM, HuskerFanatic1 said:

seaofred you are talking about all the things they do poorly but I haven't seen any credit to the things they do well. You couldn't complain about how we should have beaten Ohio State or Kansas if we didn't compete in those games to begin with which a lot of teams in the country can't say they have. Do I think Miles is the best coach out there? No, not by a long shot, but I think he deserves the chance to see how this season plays out and what he can build from that as this season has had huge sparks that look like something we can be proud of. Every coach has head scratching decisions and certain Achilles heel type tendencies but not many coaches have gotten Nebraska basketball to where Miles has previously and could this year.

I'm an eternal optimist and while I don't want the losing seasons we have had, we have to give and take a little and hope what we are seeing now with current players and this season can move the curve to the winning side continuously. Late season losing streak this year though and the chances are over...

hell of a hill to die on pal. 

On 1/24/2018 at 3:24 PM, seaofred92 said:

just do me a favor. Watch the basketball tonight. Don't give me the "well were better than prior years" "were more competitive" blah blah BS. Honestly just watch what the team is doing/isn't doing, the sets that are/aren't run, the little things that are/aren't done, the hustle plays that are/aren't made during tonight's game.

If you can watch that and tell me this looks like a team coached by a good coach in their 6th year at the helm then with all due respect you have no idea what you're talking about. This team has had the same exact problems plague them for YEARS. At some point enough is enough. 

:dunno

• Plus1 1