Head Basketball Coach Search

I am sure there is some basketball fans out there somewhere. Also the scott frost saga should be over in about a week. So I thought I would start a thread about finding a new basketball coach. 

Lets be real- this needs to happen about as bad as moving on from Riley. So I call on Moos. As soon as scott frost inks his name to be the new head football coach. Let's find our new basketball coach to make Nebraska basketball respectable. 

16 minutes ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Mods:

Please leave this thread here. No one will see it in the basketball forum.

The point here is that the ROT created by the former AD is massive and many changes need to be made soon. Miles, for sure, and maybe the women’s basketball coach. I say bring back Yori. 

Those that are interested in it will see it. It doesn’t belong here. You are on a roll today with this and the prayer thread...

1 hour ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Mods:

Please leave this thread here. No one will see it in the basketball forum.

The point here is that the ROT created by the former AD is massive and many changes need to be made soon. Miles, for sure, and maybe the women’s basketball coach. I say bring back Yori. 

Miles was a TO hire, not an Eichorst hire.

First choice would be Fred Hoiberg but he would need to get canned by the Bulls first.

I would also be open to taking a look at Craig Smith. He has done a good job with South Dakota and I think he might have been a bit of the reason why we went to the tourney a few years back.

Few names that seem to have steam as guys who could make jump to power conference:

Nick McDevitt- UNC-Asheville

Eric Konkol- Louisiana Tech

Maurice Joseph- George Washington

Matt Lottich- Valpo

Scott Padgett- Samford

TJ Otzelberger- South Dakota State

Earl Grant- College of Charleston

I would prefer Nebrasketball go out and get an assistant from a major basketball school, rather than going the route of a small school HC. Think Wojo to Marquette or Chris Collins to Northwestern. That, or a coach that has been out of the game for a year or two; I was all-in on the Mark Gottfried train last year. 

21 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Really!  Let the season play out!

Haven't enough seasons played out to know this is "second verse, same as the first"? 

• Plus1 1