Head Basketball Coach Search

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

Video upgrades are already done - completed before this year.  

The $2.3M is all of about 6% of the increase in funds.

There is a post on another forum going over all the expenses coming out of the first Big check and it was eye opening. It’s possible a big doner wrote a big buyout check but I haven’t heard of that either. Unless they totally bomb I would be shocked if 90% of the public would be willing to lay out that kind of $$. 

After a win such as tonight I hope that it shows some of the people in this thread that this team has an upside.  Tonight they played with high energy and we're crashing boards hard.  Proud to be a husker fan.  Also, I'm glad we won a game in this rough stretch.  If we can beat Creighton then Nebrasketball might pick up some serious steam heading deeper into big ten play.  GBR!!!

Edited by TherealTomOsborne
  • Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...

How wonderful would it be to have Coach Lue here?  If King James leaves for LA... Lue's time in Clevland would be numbered.  I do not pay close enough attention to NBA to know if it is a great gig or not.  I do like Tony Bennet at Virginia tho... he does a lot with very little

• 2 weeks later...

The Cleveland Cavaliers held a fiery team meeting in the practice facility locker room prior to Monday's practice, during which several players challenged the legitimacy of Kevin Love's illness that led him to leave Saturday's loss to Oklahoma City early and miss Sunday's practice, league sources told ESPN.

Several players were pushing for the Cavaliers' management and coaching staff to hold Love accountable for leaving the arena before the end of Saturday's game, and then missing Sunday's practice, league sources told ESPN.

The meeting was loud and intense, only calming down once Love spoke to those gathered in the room and explained himself, league sources said.

The meeting included Cavaliers coach Ty Lue and general manager Koby Altman, league sources said.

Within factions of the locker room, there has been blame for the Cavaliers' struggles directed at everyone from Love to Isaiah Thomas, to Lue and the front office, led by Altman, and owner Dan Gilbert, league sources said.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22184066/kevin-love-target-ire-cleveland-cavaliers-meeting

• Plus1 1

41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Mark me up as one that fails to see what Lue has done to prove he is a good college coach.  Has he ever coached in college?  Has he ever recruited?  Has he ever put together a team?  

What he has done with the Cavs has been fun with him being an ex Husker.  But, Labron manages the team and Lue listens to him.

He's a NBA Champion as a head coach and an alumnus of the University. Please tell me how he would struggle recruiting or coaching college athletes after he managed that LeBron and Kyrie situation to a title?

8 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

He's a NBA Champion as a head coach and an alumnus of the University. Please tell me how he would struggle recruiting or coaching college athletes after he managed that LeBron and Kyrie situation to a title?

To be good at recruiting, you have to love to do it and be a damn good salesman for the university....along with a great judge of talent....many times in situations where it's not clear exactly how good a player really is.  What has he done to show he is either of these things?

OK...he somehow aided in the relationship between Lebron and Kyrie.  Hmmm....Lebron told management to fire the old coach.  Lebron told management to hire Lue.  Lebron manages the team.

How has he shown he can take a kid and teach him sound fundamentals?

Being an NBA coach is even farther from being a college basketball coach than an NFL coach is from being a college football coach.

Edited by BigRedBuster
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

To be good at recruiting, you have to love to do it and be a damn good salesman for the university.  What has he done to show he is either of these things?

OK...he somehow aided in the relationship between Lebron and Kyrie.  Hmmm....Lebron told management to fire the old coach.  Lebron told management to hire Lue.  Lebron manages the team.

How has he shown he can take a kid and teach him sound fundamentals?

Being an NBA coach is even farther from being a college basketball coach than an NFL coach is from being a college football coach.

I would replace Tim Miles with Tyron Lue in .1 milliseconds. Do you know the kind of basketball mind you have to have in order to be a coach in the NBA? Tim Miles can't even diagram a solid inbounds play out of a time out and you're telling me Tyron Lue hasn't proven he's worthy of consideration for this job? Are you on medicine? 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

I would replace Tim Miles with Tyron Lue in .1 milliseconds. Do you know the kind of basketball mind you have to have in order to be a coach in the NBA? Tim Miles can't even diagram a solid inbounds play out of a time out and you're telling me Tyron Lue hasn't proven he's worthy of consideration for this job? Are you on medicine? 

There is absolutely nothing I have said comparing Miles to Lue.  Absolutely nothing.  My statements about if Lue is a good college coach is in no way shape or form claiming that Miles is some basketball genius.

Hey....he could come here and make us national champs.  I have no idea.  But....I'll stand by my statement that what he's done in the NBA does not show that he can be a good college coach.

Edited by BigRedBuster