What did we learn? - Iowa

4 minutes ago, Whistlepig said:

in case you haven't heard the latest Florida is making another run at him RIGHT NOW- up the $$$

we're playing checkers

Hi Whistlepig! You're on the wrong thread my friend. Here is what Scott said:

"I’m my representative and I’m gonna be with my wife and baby this weekend.”
-@UCF_Football Head Coach @coach_frost on reports he or his reps will meet with @GatorsFB this weekend about their open job#Fox35

2 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

There was also this tweet from Lars Anderson: 

Lars Anderson

@LarsAnderson71

I've heard from a source that I trust that Scott Frost to Nebraska is a done deal.

6:13 PM · Nov 24, 2017

that guy is a fool and doesn't like SF- blames him for the LP trouble- although like the blind squirrel he could get the nut once in a while, not saying SF won't be our next coach, I'm just saying it is far from a "done deal"

Edited by Whistlepig

Worrying about a team that gives up 42 points this season, one time?  This is why our fanbase is stupid at times.  Really, we just allowed 50+ points for the 3rd week in a row........3rd week in a row!  We suck.  We suck worse now than we did when Callahan was our HC.  Never thought that would ever be said here or matched.

It doesnt matter who is next HC at this point.  Any live body will do better than what we watched this season.  We have limited talent, if any other than Spielman and maybe Bradley on offense.  Defensively, can't say for sure what we have there, because they failed to ever show up once this season!

Maybe we can get Frost, but I don't know right now.  Florida will have the checkbook wide open since Kelly has been jerking them around.  Funny thing is that Kelly might outprice himself right out of all discussions.  Watch Virginia and VA Tech play, watched OLE MIss last night, teams that have similiar records, and they all have shown up for rivalry week.  We didn't.  We didn't.  

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Whistlepig said:

that guy is a fool and doesn't like SF- blames him for the LP trouble- although like the blind squirrel he could get the nut once in a while, not saying SF won't be our next coach, I'm just saying it is far from a "done deal"

Come over to the Scott Frost Megathread. You would have fun there!

I had a good idea what wa going to happen in the nebraska game, so I invested my afternoon watching the UCF game instead. Call it curiosity. I learned that it can still be fun to watch a football game and that I haven’t enjoyed watching a game all year. That is sad, the joy of watching husker football was actually taken this season. On a side note, I did find ucf’s defense to be a little concerning (if we end up with frost)

2 minutes ago, HuskerJax said:

I had a good idea what wa going to happen in the nebraska game, so I invested my afternoon watching the UCF game instead. Call it curiosity. I learned that it can still be fun to watch a football game and that I haven’t enjoyed watching a game all year. That is sad, the joy of watching husker football was actually taken this season. On a side note, I did find ucf’s defense to be a little concerning (if we end up with frost)

Yeah, UCF's defense didn't play well, but USF's QB is one of the best in the country, and USF is a heck of a team.  They were a minute away from being coming into this game undefeated.  Their only loss to Houston was kind of fluky.

2 hours ago, lo country said:

This staff gets worse every week.  Nothing redeeming in this game.  Didnt get the seniors in.  Punched in the mouth and pi$$ed themselves again.  You can't hire a 5000 coach and expect him to win.

Officially the worst Husker team in like 56 years.  Great job Riley.

I say MR is the worst Husker coach in Nebraska history. Others may have had a worse record, but the number of blowouts, including blowouts to sub-par teams is ridiculous.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, beastieboat said:

Since joining the big 10, we are a big joke

Bo beat every team he played at least once. MR made us a joke. We beat ohio state, wisky, and Michigan at the big house. MR can't even beat minny or purdue.

I learned that I made a great decision to take some visiting northerners to see alligators in Houston instead of watching a sorry game.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to What did we learn? - Iowa