Fox’s Mike Hill comments on SE

Dagerow

8 hours ago, Branno said:

If there were only two coaches left in the entire world, I would take Bo back over another year of Riley. 

If we keep Riley on longer than a this weekend the sellout streak is at risk, we lose even more commits, and guarantee yet another losing season.

Bo was a hot-head and a jack ass, but he won games and didn’t put up with jack holes like KJ Sr. 

Same. I said it when the Bo era was coming to end. If you are going to fire a guy who is consistently winning 9 games a year you better have a “Wow” hire lined up. 

But the babies got their way and this is where it’s taken us. 

And no, it’s not that I want Bo back. I was perpetually ambivalent about him to be honest. But there is no doubt that the product Riley has put on the field is far more embarrassing on a week to week basis to this program and it’s gotten worse this year as more of Bo’s recruits are gone. 

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Mavric said:

No, that means it may have been done for the wrong reason.  Don’t make it a wrong move.

We will have to disagree on that.  I think NU would have done much better this year if the move hadn’t been made (and for me, having Riley fire his long time friend over the phone is almost always going to be the wrong way to do it).

3 minutes ago, ebohnart said:

Diaco is seriously crazy. Like, unstable and neurotic. No wonder the D was the same way. 

He had that reputation at UConn as well.  Had hoped having the easeir job of coordinating would help him focus but unfortunately his eccentrics did more harm than good.

I believe, with no proof mind you, that SE did force Riley's hand in firing Banker.  You don't go to a new school, with gauranteed money, and fire a friend you have worked with for so long.  Makes no sense at all, unfathomable.

That being said, if SE came to Riley and said fire him or it is your job, to be a standup guy Riley should have told him to shove it.  

And for SE to do that in the first place, if he did, was out of line.  Breaking chain of command.  You go to Riley and say your opinion, that defense needs to improve, and you hold Riley accountable for that.  But you don't tinker with his team.  That is his responsibility.