Bill Callahan is officially no longer Nebraska's worst, modern era coach

Bill Callahan is officially no longer Nebraska's worst, modern era coach. Let that thought sink in as we await the news of Riley's firing. Callahan won 55% of his games, while Riley only won 50%. Many of us here warned the day that Riley was hired that he would turn out exactly like that, but our warnings were ignored or scorned. Clearly, this program never should have fired Pelini after a 9-3 season, repeating the same idiotic mistake of firing Solich after going 9-3 in 2003. And now we have just suffered the consequences. &$@*!

• Plus1 3

Warned?? Ignored? Scorned? Wow :blink:

Most had to Google him. Maybe blame the Administration staff who hired him. Husker fans had nothing to do with it bud. 

For the record, both hirings were lousy and out of nowhere.

As for Pelini, everything has been pretty much said about him too. 

This season is done. It's a good time to move forward

• Plus1 4

Get a clue OP. The bad hire that was Riley does not make firing Pelini wrong. It just means that hiring Riley was not the right thing to do. 9-3 with no wins of significance and a raging a-hole or 4-8 with no wins of significance. Machts Nicht. Only difference is no bowl game. Neither one of those guys was taking this program anywhere good.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Making Chimichangas said:

If drinks are on you, you're going to need a second mortgage on that tower...I'm an alcoholic.

Dont worry the tower is made out of Ivory. They have no idea I told the bank it was ceramic. Lets start just up voting each other I'll go first. 

• Plus1 1