Thank you, MR

SECHusker

Pretty unusual that a fired coach gets to speak with the media. Can you imagine Pelini getting that opportunity? But typical Riley and thanking everyone for the opportunity. The more I listen to Bill Moos I am starting to realize that it isn't the coaches we are hiring. Its the AD's. I hope that if his target is Scott Frost that Coach Frost gets the opportunity to sit down and discuss it. I have no doubt then if that is Moos's top target. Lets let Frost finish his current job and root for UCF.

He was classy as always.  He said he was disappointed.  He said he still believes that the program is set up to succeed in the future.  He enjoyed his time here. He didn't complain.  That had to be INCREDIBLY hard to stand up in front of everyone after you have been sacked.  Imagine the crushing sense of disappointment he had to be feeling.  Yet, he stood there and answered questions.  He didn't cry, but I did and a am 100% behind the decision to let him go.  It is rare to see such class.

• Plus1 4

The world would seriously be a much better place if more people conducted themselves and treated others with the same amount of grace, dignity, and pure class as Mike Riley personifies in the way he lives his life.

WHAT A GREAT MAN.

To Coach Riley,

The results on the football field were not what this proud fan base wanted, but the way you always conducted yourself will be forever remembered by this fan base.

Thank you for reminding all of us what true class really looks like. You and your family will always be welcome in Nebraska. Sincerest best wishes in all your future endeavors!

• Plus1 5

I posted awhile back how I thought he would handle his departure.  That we would all appreciate how he leaves.  A fantastic person, and I don't think we have seen the last of his niceness.  I am very glad to see this thread, as most people fail at something in their lives, he has, but he conducted him self with honor his entire time here.  I am glad everyone has made the kind comments about him.  

56 minutes ago, drfish said:

He was classy as always.  He said he was disappointed.  He said he still believes that the program is set up to succeed in the future.  He enjoyed his time here. He didn't complain.  That had to be INCREDIBLY hard to stand up in front of everyone after you have been sacked.  Imagine the crushing sense of disappointment he had to be feeling.  Yet, he stood there and answered questions.  He didn't cry, but I did and a am 100% behind the decision to let him go.  It is rare to see such class.

I am pretty sure that he knew he was done here 4/5 games into the season. Mike was comfy being . 500 coach at Oregon, he fell right into that zone here too. It wasn’t just losing the games, it was the blowouts that got him fired. Being competative is the bare minimum at NU. Good lick to him.