When Do You Think A New Hire Will Be Announced?

Hayseed

If it's Frost, I don't think it will be until after the AAC.  Figure after Dec 3.  I think that Moos and Co will probably wait to see UF's offer, counter and try to nail Frost down to a solid commit (if he isn't already).  If we announce this week, it is because Frost has told us know. I think he has the integrity to not string along his alma mater.....

Early signing is Dec 20-22 so if we are somehow bound by the deal to not announce until after the UCF bowl game, then we miss the early period.....If not and we announce next week, we are good to get the word out and make some contacts.....Also a new HC might be able to pull some of his kids with him to the new school....

Here is a decent article on the early NLI...

https://247sports.com/Bolt/College-football-recruiting-Everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-early-December-signing-period-110779250

• Plus1 1

The guys on 1620 were talking about the timing of the hiring and they were talking with Nate Clouse for HOL-Rivals. Clouse was thinking that he doesn’t think there will be as many early signees as originally thought, especially with all the big programs who are firing their coaches this year. That may turn out to be a good thing for NU this year, as Frost or whomever is the new coach looks to salvage the class.  

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Internet says Campbell will be announced this Monday.

Internet is crazy!

If it's Frost we will won't here until after next weekend, IF it's not then we will probably hear Wednesday this week at the latest. But I think it's Frost and the later in the week we get with no news is a good sign that it's for sure him imo

If I believe what everyone on this site is saying regarding Scott Frost being the front runner, I assume it will not be until at least his team plays in the conference championship...so next Sunday at the earliest. If Scott Frost has already indicated to THE MOOS that he is not interested, we might be getting an announcement sometime this week. It all depends on Scott Frost. I highly doubt that Frost is the type of person to sign with another team when his current one is getting ready to win a conference championship. At least, this is what I understood from his interview after his game this week. I am really hoping for a Frosty Christmas as our Black Friday the past three years have been NIGHTMARES.

I think there are three scenarios.

1) Nebraska hires Scott Frost: Frost and UCF play Memphis on Saturday. If it's Frost, I think it's officially announced within 48 hours of the AAC title game.

2) Nebraska hires someone else knowing they can't get Frost: If this is the case, I think it's officially announced within the next two days and by Monday afternoon at the latest.

3) Nebraska doesn't hire Frost, but thinks they are getting him until the bitter end: This is the really bad scenario. Hopefully some of the backup plans are still available. I think it may take until the middle of December if this happens.