2018 Schedule

Nebhawk

Some of you guys are delusional.  We only beat two of those teams this year, and the other two we beat were replaced with tougher opponents.  1st year in new offensive and defensive systems and you expect 8 wins.  Geesh.  4-8 would be good next year and 6-6 would be tremendous.  As Tom Herman said, there isn't any magic fairy dust.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, Redux said:

I fully expect tOSU and Michigan to both have bad years next season.

How so?

Almost all of Michigan's players look to return. Ohio State will lose a lot on Defense but won't miss a beat at QB. I don't see either team having "bad" years. 

1 minute ago, Excel said:

How so?

Almost all of Michigan's players look to return. Ohio State will lose a lot on Defense but won't miss a beat at QB. I don't see either team having "bad" years. 

Idk, I think Michigan will have a rough start but turn it on at the end and beat tOSU

Urban is getting burnt out, next year is gonna show it.  Mark it.

Just now, Redux said:

Idk, I think Michigan will have a rough start but turn it on at the end and beat tOSU

Urban is getting burnt out, next year is gonna show it.  Mark it.

If Michigan beats ND they'll make a playoff run. I think next year is the year Harbaugh turns it on and wins the East. Penn State is losing a lot on Defense. I see what you're saying on OSU, this is about the year that Meyer gave up at UF.

Under normal circumstances, with a good staff, next years schedule would not be deemed an impossible buzzsaw. But, even if we get the best coach and staff possible, this team has to get mentally unf#cked before they can compete with any of those 12 teams. That is not a quick or easy job after these past 5 years. I expect a better record and much better game performance next year but let’s be realistic, predicting 9 wins after the sh#tfest that was this year probably isn’t reasonable. How about we just be happy with seeing notable progress for a year or two. Please remember and consider what you saw transpire in our last 17 or so games. This team is soft, mentally fragile and apparently hasn’t been taught jack sh#t about how to play or win football games. It would be next to impossible for any of the best coaches of the last 100 years to get this team to 9 wins next year.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Excel said:

If Michigan beats ND they'll make a playoff run. I think next year is the year Harbaugh turns it on and wins the East. Penn State is losing a lot on Defense. I see what you're saying on OSU, this is about the year that Meyer gave up at UF.

I think UM loses to ND, nothing to base that off.

You could see it this year with Urban, had no business losing to Iowa or Oklahoma honestly.

1 hour ago, Nebhawk said:

EOPPONENT / LOCATION TIME / RESULTTV
Sat, Sep 1   Akron Lincoln, Neb. TBA TBA
Sat, Sep 8   Colorado Lincoln, Neb. TBA TBA
Sat, Sep 15   Troy Lincoln, Neb. TBA TBA
Sat, Sep 22   @ Michigan Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA TBA
Sat, Sep 29   Purdue Lincoln, Neb. TBA TBA
Sat, Oct 6   @ Wisconsin Madison, Wisc. TBA TBA
Sat, Oct 13   @ Northwestern Evanston, Ill. TBA TBA
Sat, Oct 20   Minnesota Lincoln, Neb. TBA TBA
Sat, Nov 3   @ Ohio State Columbus, Ohio TBA TBA
Sat, Nov 10   Illinois Lincoln, Neb. TBA TBA
Sat, Nov 17   Michigan State Lincoln, Neb. TBA TBA
Fri, Nov 23   @ Iowa Iowa City, Iowa TBA TBA

This is our 2018 schedule.  I keep hearing this is a buzz saw.  I don't see it that way right now.  WE get some decent recruiting and get Frost on board by the first of the year, I think we can win 7 or 8 games next season.

Akron, Colorado, Troy, Purdue, Minnesota, Illinois are locks.  Michigan St is a home game.  7 wins right there. I guess I don't see why our schedule is any worse next season than it was this season?  Michigan won't be as good as Penn St was this season.  Wisconsin is the same team each season, and Ohio St won't have some key players returning.  

Akron - Win

Colorado - Win

Troy - Win

Michigan - Loss

Purdue - Win

Wisconsin - Loss

Northwestern - Win

Minnesota - Win

Ohio State - Loss

Illinois - Win

Michigan St - Win

Iowa - Win

9 wins in Frosts first year with that schedule would be really good. That Michigan state game is a toss up and so is NW.

2 minutes ago, Redux said:

I think UM loses to ND, nothing to base that off.

You could see it this year with Urban, had no business losing to Iowa or Oklahoma honestly.

Kevin Wilson as the OC was kind of a head scratcher.  He doesn't quite fit with Urban's usual offensive identity.  I wonder if either of his coordinators get poached this year.

29 minutes ago, dtbugeater said:

if Anyone in this thread predicts Iowa as a win then you can put them in homer status. 

Im no fan but they have owned us—no reasonable person would just put that down as a husker win unless they just want to believe...

Purdue beat Iowa so it's definitely possible