2018 Schedule

Nebhawk

On 11/26/2017 at 4:35 PM, jaws said:

Maybe this is true but sometimes you see what you want to see. 

Or ignore what you don't want to see.  Even a half assed Urban Meyer is better than any coach we have had in 15 years, so I guess there is that.

Edited by Redux
  • Plus1 1

He is not under the same amount of pressure at OSU as he was at Florida. He may walk away soon, he has earned it, but he may coach another 10 years. It is up to him either way. You act like everything is symmetrical and what happened at Florida will happen to him at OSU. People grow and change. I am not ignoring anything nor am I reading into things that I know nothing about. 

4 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

So I might be reading into this too much, but what I am seeing is that we are ok with winning 5-6 games next season, as long as we have a new coach?  I mean, we just played a tough, very tough schedule and 4-8 wasnt what we expected.  Now we fire a coach, who most never thought belonged, and we are going to be ok with winnning the same amount of games!  I think we all wanted a new coach.  I think that it will take a few seasons to get fully equipped to win the West side.  However, I see nothing that says we can't win 7 fringin games next year.  Can't believe I am reading this today, when we have been fed up with what happened this season.

Regime changes and total teardowns take time.  Look at it this way, the win total for Nebraska will probably be pretty close to where it was this year which was around 6 or 6.5 before closing at 7.  You seem to feel strongly that Nebraska will win at least 7 so bet the overs and make some cash!

I am really just looking for other conversation until we get our coach hired.  Nonetheless, I don't see the issue with our schedule compared to what we just played this season.  I don't know if next year, just because we play a few more elite teams on the road, it will be any tougher than this season was.  Penn St won't be as good.  Ohio St won't be as good.  Wisky might be better, but will they be.  Michigan is not what we all thought they would be by now, so who knows what they will do.  MIchigan St is always solid on D, but offensively are not usually good enough to put up points in bunches.  All I am saying is these won't be unbeatable next season.  Each roster will lose some very skilled players and maybe they all come back to the pack some.

If we truly think that a new HC will change some of our ineptness, then I really don't see a reason why we won't improve some.  

9 hours ago, Redux said:

Akron - W

Colorado - W

Troy - W

@Michigan - L

Purdue - W

@Wisconsin - L

@Northwestern - W

Minnesota - W

@Ohio State - L

Illinois - W

Michigan State - W

@Iowa - W

9-3

That's about right for the upside.  Beating Michigan State and Iowa back to back is kind of optimistic, but you must be taking into consideration a team getting better as they get accustomed to a new coach.  

4 minutes ago, Jack Platte said:

That's about right for the upside.  Beating Michigan State and Iowa back to back is kind of optimistic, but you must be taking into consideration a team getting better as they get accustomed to a new coach.  

That and I expect us to finally have some fire down the stretch.  Plus it's Iowa.  Sure Riley went 0-3 against them, but it's still Iowa.  They are a perennial thorn but a beatable thorn.

I can't believe all the hype. 7 wins a lock?   Are you all serious.  Did you witness the complete softness we call Husker Football.  

Husker Football is in serious sad shape. We're feared by nobody. Until Frost our whoever we hire fixes the Offensive and Defensive line play expect more losing seasons.

Husker Football died when the Offensive line pipe line stopped.  The O line is what made Big Red Football.   

• Plus1 1

Trips to Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Iowa are going to be tough. Getting *a* win from those 4 should be considered a success. However, I think Nebraska could/should win all their home games. I think they beat Northwestern. 8-4, let one slip and it's 7-5. 

Temper expectations in this first year. It will take time to rebound.

• Plus1 2
15 hours ago, NWHuskerfan said:

I can't believe all the hype. 7 wins a lock?   Are you all serious.  Did you witness the complete softness we call Husker Football.  

Husker Football is in serious sad shape. We're feared by nobody. Until Frost our whoever we hire fixes the Offensive and Defensive line play expect more losing seasons.

Husker Football died when the Offensive line pipe line stopped.  The O line is what made Big Red Football.   

We won't have a losing season next year of Frost is worth his salt. 6 wins is where he needs to get in year 1. It's not too much to ask considering we still have a more talented roster than 8 of the team's on our schedule at minimum. 

On 11/26/2017 at 1:33 PM, Nebhawk said:

So I might be reading into this too much, but what I am seeing is that we are ok with winning 5-6 games next season, as long as we have a new coach?  I mean, we just played a tough, very tough schedule and 4-8 wasnt what we expected.  Now we fire a coach, who most never thought belonged, and we are going to be ok with winnning the same amount of games!

Year 1 and Year 3 expectations are not and should not be the same.

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, NWHuskerfan said:

Considering over 85% thought 8-4 or better was likely this season, don't take things too seriously 2017 season prediction thread 

We've put ourselves in a deep hole and nobody knows how messed up we actually are.  There are a lot of issues that need to be fixed.  I'm not expecting much the first couple of years.

• Plus1 1