Buffer

timmytbro

2 hours ago, Warrior said:

Remember a lot of Bo anger was geared at SE.. just saying.

Ya, I'm not saying Bo's tirade was OK but that anger was with SE and he had a right to that anger. Riley wouldn't say it in public but his thoughts on SE probably aren't much different. He meddled with Riley and was planning on throwing Riley under the bus for Diaco . The only reason Riley finished this season was that the powers-that-be caught-wind and canned SE first.

• Plus1 1

For context here are some excerpts from the OWH article at the time.

Pelini to players:  ...Tell me if I’m wrong, but the environment at Nebraska wore on you as the past several seasons progressed. It gets harder and harder and harder...It’s a b---- here. It’s hard enough when you have the negativity that comes from the media and the negativity from a lot of former players and this talk show and that talk show...And that’s my advice to you guys that come back. You can’t let this place eat you up, because if you let it, it’ll eat you up...Because I’ve been at LSU, I’ve been at Oklahoma, I’ve been to these other places and it ain’t quite — the scrutiny, the negativity — it ain’t like that everywhere. But it is what it is. But you gotta be strong as hell and deal with it...At the end of the day, what you gotta sit there and think is, ‘This is how many years I got left. These ought to be the best years of my life.’ And if I don’t think it’s going to be that way in this place, then you shouldn’t stay. But if you feel like, ‘Hey, this is the place for me. This is place where I’m going to enjoy my career,’ then this is where you should stay. 

He clearly railed against FADSE, but he is basically inviting the players to leave.  I didn't re-listen to the whole thing, but seem to remember him saying something about the new coaches will probably come in and say that everything we did was wrong, or words to that effect.  It was my distinct impression at the time that he was poisoning the well, although I don't know if that was his intent.  It was no favor to the next staff, that is certain.  I am glad that this group of players, at least doesn't have to deal with that BS.

edit: sorry about the double quotes.  

Edited by drfish
7 hours ago, Landlord said:

Whether or not Eichorst was good at his job is completely irrelevant towards Bo Pelini behaving like a petulent man-baby insistent on burning every bridge out of town as he left.

I agree, but I'm would guess that if any of us were fired by a guy we would had little respect for we might feel entitled to speak or mind. No matter how narrow it might be!  Side note fire me and pay me 6 figures I'd be good with it I think...