Moos Cautions Players to Be Patient

Mavric

Sophomore cornerback Lamar Jackson told reporters Saturday that athletic director Bill Moos asked Husker players to avoid knee-jerk reactions and to be patient and wait to see who is hired as NU’s next head coach.

“He just wants us to stay together,” Jackson said. “He addressed the point about everybody asking for releases, all that type of stuff. He told everybody to just wait and just sit back. He promised that he’s going to take care of this program. He said, ‘Why go somewhere else when you’re at Nebraska?’ He said this is big-time football and he promises he’ll bring a big-time coach in that will be able to get us back to winning.

On Saturday, Spielman wrote on Twitter that he appreciated receivers coach Keith Williams making him the receiver he “always dreamed of becoming.” Sunday, Spielman wrote, “A lot on my mind now that (Williams) is gone. Things are starting to get real. Need to just take a deep breath and think.”

LJS

I hate to be “that” guy but I don’t want ANY player that is more committed to a position coach than they are to helping this team be successful and actually win games.  Yeah we have some pretty talented young men at the wideout position and it would hurt to lose any of them but if they are unable to see the larger picture then get out and good luck. There’s a reason this team only won 4 games this season and if they don’t want that problem corrected, bye.

• Plus1 3

I would hate to lose Morgan Jr. The guy is an absolute beast and he never gave up. He was the reason we won games, and the reason we were even in games. If he decides to leave, be it NFL or transfer, whatever, I wish him the best of luck. He was one of my favorite Huskers to watch this year and I thought he really showed what playing for Nebraska was about. Dudes a beast and i'll root for him whatever he decides.

With that said, I hope he holds off on his decision to see who the new coach is and at least give him a chance. If it is indeed Frost, my guess is he will like what he sees and hears and hopefully that bodes well for us that he decides to stay. But if not, he's a stud and I hope he succeeds.

• Plus1 2