Whose the next McKenzie Milton?

stargazer

9 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

i would think Frost would go recruit the best dam H.S. QB out there that can run the option and incorporate some Osborne offensive stuff into his UCF offense.   If he doesn't get a strong run game in his offense, he will have trouble in the Big Ten.   The one back running game is just too easy to stop.   That said, I think Lee and POB can run some spread 'option' (I don't really feel it is right to call it option at all but I just hate it really).   Frost likes to throw the ball and both Gebbia, POB and Lee seem to have the ability to throw short or long as needed.   

Cole Yankoff please and thank you. Max Duggan next year please.

If coach Frost comes on board he needs to flip Norton, Kansas QB Jace Ruder from his North Carolina verbal.  Had 17 offers (From the likes Kansas State, Iowa, Florida, Florida State, Penn State, Georgia, etc.). 

I think Ruder would be a great fit in Frost’s offense. 6’3”, 205-pounds (4.46) and also a very good all-round athlete (basketball and track). 

Many would know Norton is just off the Nebraska border.  Just south of Beaver City and Arapaho.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3153860/59e634c8478d3609c01833a7

• Plus1 3
13 minutes ago, BartonHusker said:

If coach Frost comes on board he needs to flip Norton, Kansas QB Jace Ruder from his North Carolina verbal.  Had 17 offers (From the likes Kansas State, Iowa, Florida, Florida State, Penn State, Georgia, etc.). 

I think Ruder would be a great fit in Frost’s offense. 6’3”, 205-pounds (4.46) and also a very good all-round athlete (basketball and track). 

Many would know Norton is just off the Nebraska border.  Just south of Beaver City and Arapaho.

Not the first QB I'd make a run at but would be a decent grab. 

10 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

This looks pretty accurate - it seemed Gebbia was great at reading NU defense in the spring game and there is a lot to be said about making quick reads and passes. His biggest downfall was size and maybe the long throw - but shouldn't be an issue next season.

There will be a good chance 2 of our 3 QB's leave and i see a Juco and a Grad transfer coming in to compete - making it a 3 horse race.  If the grad transfer or Juco are a complete home run (#1) on most boards then i only see 1 coming and then we have a 2 horse race.

Should be Juco and Grad transfers all over the country wanting to come here if we can sell that we will have an offensive line.

Everyone was good at reading Nebraskas defense

• Plus1 2

26 minutes ago, desertshox said:

iirc Burrow will be a redshirt junior next year. He verballed to tOSU before riley was hired then stuck to his commitment.

Yes, you are correct but he may be able to graduate this May and be eligible for a grad transfer and have 2 years of eligibility at his new school. I think it’s speculation at this point, but he’s now 3rd string, so he may want to look elsewhere. 

I really think Gebbia would be a great fit. Yes you want to be able to run the ball with the QB but otherwise the only other realistic look is to pull a kid in this years class. Or go get Terry Wilson.

Crazy thing was that Wilson being committed to NU at one time already shows there was some interest. Then Frost is the one who flipped him to Oregon. Feels like Wilson would be a realistic target.

The other one would be Travis Jonsen...he just left Oregon and was a 4 star recruit coming in. Went by the name Travis Waller at the time of his recruitment.

1 hour ago, BartonHusker said:

Good speed and elusiveness for his height.  Can't go wrong with a QB from NW KS.

11 minutes ago, BartonHusker said:

Yes and Norton actually did play Goodland week one. Goodland actually has a QB many consider the best since Brook Berringer but likely headed to Fort Hays State or Pitt State if I were to guess.

I know Riley recruiter Ruder fairly heavily but never offered for some reason. 

Watching a QB run probably scared Riley off or Ruder saw our offense.  If it's Frost, hopefully he takes another look at Ruder.  Being a multi-sport athlete is a huge plus.