Whose the next McKenzie Milton?

stargazer

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

He already transferred to Garden City CC and played there this year.

Gotcha.

So, his stats are decent, he was recruited by Frost, he likes/d Nebraska (although I seem to recall him being pretty PO'd at the fan reaction to his decommitting) and he knows what it's like to live in Kansas. Seems like we should at least try.

Edited by Moiraine
4 hours ago, BartonHusker said:

If coach Frost comes on board he needs to flip Norton, Kansas QB Jace Ruder from his North Carolina verbal.  Had 17 offers (From the likes Kansas State, Iowa, Florida, Florida State, Penn State, Georgia, etc.). 

I think Ruder would be a great fit in Frost’s offense. 6’3”, 205-pounds (4.46) and also a very good all-round athlete (basketball and track). 

Many would know Norton is just off the Nebraska border.  Just south of Beaver City and Arapaho.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3153860/59e634c8478d3609c01833a7

Let’s not forget a kid named Potts from Norton who led Pittsburgh State Gorillas to some damn good wins in Div2 a number of years ago. 

These are the farm boys Nebraska needs. Tough as nails, winners, on the border, comes from a god program, albeit small. I agree w you. 

5 hours ago, I am I said:

Let’s not forget a kid named Potts from Norton who led Pittsburgh State Gorillas to some damn good wins in Div2 a number of years ago. 

These are the farm boys Nebraska needs. Tough as nails, winners, on the border, comes from a god program, albeit small. I agree w you. 

Yes Neal Philpot from Norton was a monster at both Norton and then at Pitt State.  

11 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, you are correct but he may be able to graduate this May and be eligible for a grad transfer and have 2 years of eligibility at his new school. I think it’s speculation at this point, but he’s now 3rd string, so he may want to look elsewhere. 

He is 3rd string because of an injury he sustained in camp that put him behind Haskins. I believe he is on pace to graduate early and could stick around to complete for the starting spot next year or transfer. Like anywhere, many Buckeye fans are rooting for the in state kid (Burrow) to get the starting job next year but Haskins has looked good when he does come in with the starters. If given the chance, I think Burrow would be a good QB. I just don't know if it will be at OSU and some Buckeye fans think it may be at Nebraska. 

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, Coach Power'T said:

I really think Gebbia would be a great fit. Yes you want to be able to run the ball with the QB but otherwise the only other realistic look is to pull a kid in this years class. Or go get Terry Wilson.

Crazy thing was that Wilson being committed to NU at one time already shows there was some interest. Then Frost is the one who flipped him to Oregon. Feels like Wilson would be a realistic target.

The other one would be Travis Jonsen...he just left Oregon and was a 4 star recruit coming in. Went by the name Travis Waller at the time of his recruitment.

I agree that Gebbia seems like the best fit for Frosts offense. Perhaps that is why he offered up the hopeful tweet after Riley was fired.  

On 11/27/2017 at 0:56 AM, Hans Gruber said:

This offense doesn't require a mobile QB. Look at Chip Kelly with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2013. Nick Foles, a lead-footed pocket passer if there ever was one, had his best season under Kelly that year. Foles started 10 games and threw 27 TDs and just 2 INTs. The Eagles went 10-6 and won the NFC East.

A mobile QB is a nice luxury to have but not a necessity. You need a smart and accurate QB that can make the proper reads pre-snap. Although a guy that can do those things and also run a 4.5 40 makes things even easier.

He hit the nail on the head.

To expand on that, Milton I don't believe is even an ideal QB for the scheme due to his smaller stature. 

Ideally you would want a tommy Armstrong esque talent who makes excellent reads and throws at a high level. 

So I don't think we should consider Milton to be the bar to compare his future QBs too.

Edited by husker98
  • Plus1 1

8 hours ago, bhunt7 said:

We have a lot of talent at QB. Lee, POB, and Gebbia can all throw. If Darlington can take a hit, he'll have to be considered. The underdog would be Andrew Bunch. Check out his highlight tape. He might be the perfect fit!

Andrew Bunch, dual threat tape

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1677123/5721e72d0dcb0d12f889b622

He rushed for approximately 14 yards in Juco.....not quite as mobile as one might think. 

4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Joe Burrow just completed his sophomore season.  Did he graduate already?

He did have a redshirt season, and I even think he was an early enrollee, so he could graduate this May, and be allowed to transfer.  It's kind of a long shot, and it sucks he wouldn't be able to go through spring practice, but it's a thought.