Mavric

Croft Seeks Release from Minnesota

BlitzFirst    1,032

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2017/11/27/16702882/minnesota-football-recruiting-2017-juco-quarterback-victor-viramontes-commits-to-gophers

Keep in mind this guy was committed to Michigan out of high school...then decommitted suddenly and went JUCO route.

Here's a quote from a comment to that article above:

Glad the short lived Croft era is in the rear view

IMO, Croft has the arm talent to be good, but his decision making a lot of the time, quite frankly, left something to be desired.

Hoping Vic is a good answer.

Even though Croft torched us...he didn't torch anyone else.  I think everyone is on board for this JUCO guy.  Also, the JUCO guy is good...rushed for over 1300 yards and passed for 1868 at the JUCO level.  He's a few steps beyond Wilson in my opinion.

Edited by BlitzFirst

Mavric    10,368
19 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Even though Croft torched us...he didn't torch anyone else.  

This.

I realize he looked like a Heisman Trophy candidate against us.  But he was significantly below average the rest of the year.

For the year he completed 41% of his passes and threw almost twice as many INTs as TDs.

The week after he played us - against Northwestern - he completed 18% of his passes, threw 3 INTs and had 26 yards of total offense - rushing AND passing.

Excel    1,172

Wider question for the group: Does Fleck make it work at Minnesota? How do you see his tenure? 

BlitzFirst    1,032
14 minutes ago, Excel said:

Wider question for the group: Does Fleck make it work at Minnesota? How do you see his tenure? 

I think getting his QB in place will do wonders.  I'm surprised they won as many as they did with the QB situation being as bad as it was this year.  I look for them to be salty next year.