Matt Davison Now Associate AD for Football

I don't know if this was covered and I missed it with all the coaching & Scott Frost threads. 

Why is Matt Davison no longer going to be the color analyst for Husker games on the radio network?  I guess I thought it was just a rumor swirling around and then I heard Kent Pavelka mention it during the basketball broadcast yesterday. Has there been any talk of who will replace him?

Has all this been covered and I was just too distracted by the Scott Frost Megathread to catch it?  lol

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Husker N StL said:

I don't know if this was covered and I missed it with all the coaching & Scott Frost threads. 

Why is Matt Davison no longer going to be the color analyst for Husker games on the radio network?  I guess I thought it was just a rumor swirling around and then I heard Kent Pavelka mention it during the basketball broadcast yesterday. Has there been any talk of who will replace him?

Has all this been covered and I was just too distracted by the Scott Frost Megathread to catch it?  lol

I thought I read somewhere in the sea of threads that Davison would potentially be taking on a role with the team if SF was coming. Could be rumor, but I know I read that somewhere here.

• Plus1 1
Just now, billdozer15 said:

I thought I read somewhere in the sea of threads that Davison would potentially be taking on a role with the team if SF was coming. Could be rumor, but I know I read that somewhere here.

I think that was the rumor that I read as well but, figured it was just random speculation. Especially since SF isn't our coach (yet) and he has already given his farewell to the football broadcast booth.

1 hour ago, billdozer15 said:

I read that somewhere too.  He did mention his opinion on Nebraska’s decline during numerous broadcasts— and maybe he got in trouble over that?  Maybe his job is to only pump sunshine on the status quo— kind of like Jim Rose during the Callahan era..

19 minutes ago, get huskin! said:

DADGUMMIT!  It was traumatic ENOUGH when Pavelka quit calling the games, now Davison is moving on???  I guess I shouldn't complain, all the announcers the Huskers put (have) on the radio seem to do a fantastic job, but COME ONNNNN!

I was glad Pavelka quit and could not take listening to BANG-A-RANG and GOOOOOT—IT last BBall season. He thinks he is more important than the game 

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, CheeseHusker said:

My initial thought was that maybe the suits thought he was getting a little too.... outspoken. Not that it bothered me.

Didn't bother me either, I think Davison was having a rough time watching this disaster of a season unfold,  like we all were.  You could tell during the broadcasts he was having issues holding back.  

• Plus1 1

If Matt is really gone?  Don't see him on staff.  Don't you need to have some type of coaching degree or certification?  Plus, sorry, Matt is not Keith Williams, or any other great WR coach.

I have said a few times that Matt may have cost himself a job with some of his comments at the end of games.  I agreed with everything he said, and he was 1000000% spot on.  It is just something that you probably can't say if you are employed be the University.  His comment at the end of the Iowa game, saying "I can't watch this CRAP anymore"....he quickly apologized and backpedaled.  Just stuff you want to say, but can't in his position.

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to Matt Davison Now Associate AD for Football