Matt Davison Now Associate AD for Football

4 minutes ago, HANC said:

If Matt is really gone?  Don't see him on staff.  Don't you need to have some type of coaching degree or certification?  Plus, sorry, Matt is not Keith Williams, or any other great WR coach.

I have said a few times that Matt may have cost himself a job with some of his comments at the end of games.  I agreed with everything he said, and he was 1000000% spot on.  It is just something that you probably can't say if you are employed be the University.  His comment at the end of the Iowa game, saying "I can't watch this CRAP anymore"....he quickly apologized and backpedaled.  Just stuff you want to say, but can't in his position.

If he is really good friends with SF he might have already known he wouldn't need the radio job. He might fit somewhere behind the scenes. One of those analysts or something?

He also might not want to have to call games when his buddy is the coach.

Who knows, but I agree with what you're saying.

• Plus1 4

I could easily see Davison rolling into some type of admin role and having a Paul Myers-esqe career.  I agree with @Sparker and @HANC that Davison would probably prefer to not have to be openly critical of Frost and Davison was walking a very fine line as a university employee towards the end of this year with his comments.  It might be best for all parties involved if he shifted to a different role within the university.

I guess I don’t find Sharp that bad but I have spent much of my life hearing him call ballgames.  With me being from Kansas, I remember him plenty as the voice of Kansas State during Snyder’s hey days.  Took over for Mitch Holtus (Voice of the Chiefs). 

Would be sad not to hear Matt but would hope he would still be involved with Husker athletics. 

10 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

where's a source for this info?  can't find anything.

I can't either.  ;)

I think the first I heard it was here somewhere in the SF Megathread or another similar thread around the Minnesota game.  

I was listening to the BB game Sunday  and Kent P. mentioned something of the sort when referring to the fact that Matt D. would be joining him for the Boston College game Wednesday night.

• Mavric changed the title to Matt Davison Now Associate AD for Football