Matt Davison Now Associate AD for Football

If anyone wants to hear Davison's feelings, here's the archive of the Iowa game. Start at maybe 2:54, late 3rd quarter, Nebraska comes up short on 4th, followed shortly by Fant's long TD where he dives into the endzone. He pretty much goes on at any opportunity the rest of the game.

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, Toe said:

If anyone wants to hear Davison's feelings, here's the archive of the Iowa game. Start at maybe 2:54, late 3rd quarter, Nebraska comes up short on 4th, followed shortly by Fant's long TD where he dives into the endzone. He pretty much goes on at any opportunity the rest of the game.

Good find Toe.  I wanted to listen to the 4th quarter again.  Like you said, starting at around 2 hours 58 minutes, Davison just lets it all out.  You can hear the passion Matt has for the program.  If he's not going to be involved in the radio broadcasts, hopefully he is involved in the football program to some degree.  At 3 hours 27 minutes...."It is unbelievable for me to watch this crap".  I respect Matt's brutal honesty.

• Plus1 1

Saw a rumor that it was Davison that helped set up the meeting with Frost in Philadelphia after the basketball team’s game in NYC (which he called on the radio).  Also he’s rumored to have an off-field position in the new Frost Administration.

No idea if any of that is legit but it fits.

On 11/28/2017 at 8:27 AM, Red Five said:

Doesn't Davison live in Chicago and commute to the games?  Or at least he used to do that, right?

Anyways, I am going to call shenanigans on this thread unless someone knows something.

You don't think, Davison being one of Frost's best friends, had nothing to do with helping Frost come here? If not, he doesn't deserve to be his best friend no mo!

On 11/28/2017 at 0:55 AM, Toe said:

Finally had the opportunity to listen to this....and specifically Davison.

I think it's honorable that Pelini is given credit for having the program on an upward trajectory.

The three years that Mike Riley was given the reigns......nothing short of pathetic.  It can be heard not just in Davison's words, but equally so in his tone.

I don't think it can be stated enough how good it is for the future of Husker football that Perlman is gone.

• Plus1 4
  • Mavric changed the title to Matt Davison Now Associate AD for Football