Matt Davison Now Associate AD for Football

On 11/27/2017 at 9:31 PM, RedDenver said:

Sharp is the only good thing about the radio broadcast.

With Sharp, you hardly even know the down and distance although he is better in that than Kent P was.  I liked Kent because he was enthusiastic and got excited.  Sharp has, last couple years, added a little Husker side but in general he is generic and boring.   He has very little real insight into the game, the strategy, etc.  He is monotonous.  I also listened to him on Kansas State games when he was there and knew his voice when he somehow was picked up by NU from there.

I want the announcer to spend more time 'painting the picture of what's happening (formation, defense, etc)   I realize it is tough when the snaps come faster etc but there is very little real analysis of 'what's going on' in schemes, etc.  As a result, you have to listen to the game, then formulate your opinion on the O line, etc based on the stats only.  Davision tended to give his personal opinions, (he is the color guy - sideman so that's his job) and I liked his opinions.  It was informed and so on.  I am afraid Sharp was probably a tennis player or something and doesn't seem to understand the game of football and throws out the most elemental phrases now and then but otherwise, not much real insight.  Boring and uninformative is Sharp in a nutshell.     

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, dudeguyy said:

I agree with the folks who said his comments the last few games probably accelerated his departure from the booth. Maybe he had an idea he was going to have something lined up with Frost and it took a filter off. I know I noticed him being brutally honest about Riley down the stretch. On one hand, I appreciate the honesty, but another part of me cringed because it was unprofessional & Riley was and is such a class act.

MD seemed really pumped at the weight room meeting and apparently had a hand in bringing Frost home. I bet he's got a job lined up.

Davison is getting a job as an Assistant AD in support of football with NU. 

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Davison is getting a job as an Assistant AD in support of football with NU. 

Was this announced today? I didn't know it was confirmed.

Pretty cool for him. I really like the way Frost let everyone know this is going to be a team effort. What a 180 from Bo thinking he knew better than everyone else. Finally doing it the right way.

• Plus1 1

With all due respect BRI, (and perhaps there were posts after what I saw), but the question was posed as to why he was leaving broadcasting, and people wondered whether his political comments during shows might be part of it, in addition to the comments about the fb program.  Seems a big aggressive to delete contributions by members when indeed they were on topic.

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

With all due respect BRI, (and perhaps there were posts after what I saw), but the question was posed as to why he was leaving broadcasting, and people wondered whether his political comments during shows might be part of it, in addition to the comments about the fb program.  Seems a big aggressive to delete contributions by members when indeed they were on topic.

Not when they are pro or negative to Trump - get that s..t out of here.

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to Matt Davison Now Associate AD for Football