Matt Davison Now Associate AD for Football

1 minute ago, Xmas32 said:

This.  I wonder if they'll take a shot @ Lane Grindle as well.  I know Handley did some Husker baseball last year and was trading innings w/ Kent.  

+1 to you sir.

I think Grindle's got his dream gig calling MLB now, but never say never. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Greg Sharpe does Husker baseball, but yes, Handley does step in and call some of the innings on play-by-play.

Ah, my bad.  Definitely a Freudian slip on my end.  Thanks for the correction.

Just now, Cdog923 said:

I think Grindle's got his dream gig calling MLB now, but never say never. 

Very true.  Uecker isn't going to be around forever.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

This.  I wonder if they'll take a shot @ Lane Grindle as well.  I know Handley did some Husker baseball last year and was trading innings w/ Kent.  

+1 to you sir.

Love Grindle, but you have to think he already has his dream job. Appreciated Handley stepping in and doing baseball this year, thought he did a nice job.

• Plus1 1
On 11/27/2017 at 9:29 PM, Jeremy said:

I like Sharp, definitely more than Jim Rose, and I'd say he's somewhat better than Swain. I may be in the minority, but I miss the heck out of Pavelka's calls.

Me too!  The thing I liked about Pavelka is that he knew the Nebraska players.  He could tell you where they went to high school, comment on what they did at their high schools and he was so excited about the Huskers!  I like hearing him call Husker basketball.  I also wish that Husker games would return to KFAB!  You can get that station anywhere! 

18 minutes ago, BartonHusker said:

If Matt no longer does the color role on the radio, I would love to see Eric Crouch take over. Still in the area and has done plenty of color himself (namely TV). What do you guys and gals think?

I think that's a great idea! 

• Plus1 1

Good news!  I just read this in a LJS article:  "Davison said it's unclear whether he'll continue his color-analyst duties with the Husker IMG Sports Network, although he did say it's possible he could. He just completed his 11th season as the football broadcast analyst." 

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/davison-excited-for-challenge-of-associate-ad-role-on-frost/article_d3c2b149-4018-5a8d-97d1-3b3e950744ad.html

• 2 months later...