Beyond the pale?

dvdcrr

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

We offered Mike Riley a job. Mike Riley did not ask us for a job. He accepted what we gave him, which was a contract with included a buyout. Mike Riley is not unlike the rest of humanity in obviously accepting an offer of millions of dollars for trying to do a job but knowing he'll get the money either way. That's a dream scenario for your average American citizen. The only thing insane, if any, is on our end. 

Rock on.   Again no flames intended.  I have learned a lot of good folks on here.

Etymology is fun, and so is surname origin.  For example, I'll just pick a random surname.....

Frost is a surname with a rich scandinavian history. it originates from Danish, Icelandic, Norwegian meaning born at the time of frost (winter) or someone with an icy or unbending disposition, and was originally a title of one who was shown to be unflinching in times of battle or confrontation, or to have an "icy" disposition, rather than a surname.

• Plus1 1

21 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

Listen I don't know you, you could be a major ass, (your word) I don't know.

But I do know any man that fails to do a job and walks away with millions of dollars needs scrutiny.

As I said IN THE FIRST POST, I know we are contractually obligated.  All I am saying is it would make a point to this guy (Riley) that coming here ,not giving a damn ( and he did not give a damn, or he was completely incompetent, you pick) and walking out with millions is just insane.

You say he was a good coach and he tried.  BOGUS.  We were not COMPETITIVE AT ALL against Minnesota, and IOWA.  If we were at least competitive then I would believe.  Accountability much?

And I am not the only one who thinks so.  There might not be many in here, and those who are here are probably hesitant to put up with the abuse.

This Nebraska team should have been far more competitive than they were. That goes to coaching. It was so obvious that the Riley experiment wasn't working that they fired both Riley and the AD who hired him, with very little protest from the fanbase.

So I think most of us are on the same page. 

Except for the part where Riley didn't care, didn't try, and should give the money back. 

• Plus1 1