Kevin Steele For DC

3 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Makes $1.1m at Auburn currently and their D is FILTH. Was at LSU last year as DC and was at Alabama the 3 years prior to that. Clemson the 3 years prior to that. Coached at Nebraska before. 

This is the man I want coordinating our D. That Auburn D is tenacious and held Clemson under 20 on the road. Sign me up.

Would he leave Auburn?

Steele would be the best hire but I think Grinch is more likely due to ties with our AD. But if we can lure Kevin to Lincoln I'm all for it.

Also I wouldn't say any coordinator making over 1m is "relatively affordable" lol but he is definitely worth every penny 

Edited by Nebfanatic
1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Steele would be the best hire but I think Grinch is more likely due to ties with our AD. But if we can lure Kevin to Lincoln I'm all for it.

Also I wouldn't say any coordinator making over 1m is "relatively affordable" lol but he is definitely worth every penny 

I dont think Grinch having a tie to our AD means anything. I have a feeling one of Frosts #1 priorities is being able to hire whoever he wants for staff. He may be open to advice or recommendations, but he wont be hiring someone b/c the AD wants him to. And if he does then we will be right back where we were. The AD needs to step back from staff hirings, etc, or we just as well kept the Red headed goon.

5 minutes ago, C N Red said:

I dont think Grinch having a tie to our AD means anything. I have a feeling one of Frosts #1 priorities is being able to hire whoever he wants for staff. He may be open to advice or recommendations, but he wont be hiring someone b/c the AD wants him to. And if he does then we will be right back where we were. The AD needs to step back from staff hirings, etc, or we just as well kept the Red headed goon.

I agree Frost chooses his staff but if Frost is looking to bring in a DC from the outside then I'd say the AD having ties to Grinch means something. I in no way mean AD meddling in the program, but he could help facilitate a deal with Grinch if Frost wanted. Other DCs may take more convincing. 

• Plus1 1

I can't see Steele leaving SEC country.   Unless he gets to be a HC again, and I'm not sold he wants to do that either.   That said, if we can land him, I'd back up the brinks truck for him and ask Moos to make the assistant pool larger because the DC just took it all.

18 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Makes $1.1m at Auburn currently and their D is FILTH. Was at LSU last year as DC and was at Alabama the 3 years prior to that. Clemson the 3 years prior to that. Coached at Nebraska before. 

This is the man I want coordinating our D. That Auburn D is tenacious and held Clemson under 20 on the road. Sign me up.

Updating my slang.  Filth is good ?

We want filth?

Kevin Steele has been a solid, journeyman coordinator.  He had a bad stint as head coach at Baylor, but then again, aside from Art Briles and Grant Teaff, nobody has succeeded there.

You can see the lineage of Scott’s entire staff to him, aside from one UCF assistant that he retained.  I’m sure he’ll stick to his lineage and not sure if he has direct ties to Steele.  Not sure when Steele left NU.

• 1 month later...