Erik Chinander

https://www.google.com/amp/www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/os-ucf-erik-chinander-football-post,amp.html

Good article of when Frost just got to UCF. Article about his defensive coordinator.  Relationship with Frost and what his style is. 

Definitely willing to give the guy a chance, if that is who Scott wants.  With that said it sounds like his defense would work well with our current scheme.  Our players are familiar with the 4-3 and 3-4. Apparently UCF dabbled in both. 

• Plus1 2

Just now, huskered17 said:

I hope which ever station has a  camera crew, parked in front his parents home, has the sense to get out of there. How stupid can you be. 

I don't blame Scott for being mad about that. That sure isn't going to help bring him home. 

GBR!!!

Does anyone know what actually happened? I've heard rumors that the news station called his parents and asked for an interview - that's very different.

6 minutes ago, huskered17 said:

I hope which ever station has a  camera crew, parked in front his parents home, has the sense to get out of there. How stupid can you be. 

I don't blame Scott for being mad about that. That sure isn't going to help bring him home. 

GBR!!!

Megathread. 

Chinander is definitely still green as he has only been a DC for 2 years.  His 2 defenses at UCF have ranked 12th in 2016 (4.78 yards/play) and 63rd in 2017 (5.54 yards/play).  He also has coached with Frost at UNI and Oregon (whats funny is Frost was a defensive coach at UNI and Chinander was an offensive coach there).

Personally, I would like someone with a little more track record as a DC.  But as we have seen, DCs are a bit of a crap shoot unless you get a tier 1 guy (Foster, Aranda, etc).

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Chinander is definitely still green as he has only been a DC for 2 years.  His 2 defenses at UCF have ranked 12th in 2016 (4.78 yards/play) and 63rd in 2017 (5.54 yards/play).  He also has coached with Frost at UNI and Oregon (whats funny is Frost was a defensive coach at UNI and Chinander was an offensive coach there).

Personally, I would like someone with a little more track record as a DC.  But as we have seen, DCs are a bit of a crap shoot unless you get a tier 1 guy (Foster, Aranda, etc).

I agree Red Five. Defense wins championships. Also, the Big Ten has some good defenses with 4 of the top ten teams in Total Defense coming from the BIG.  Now is the time for Frost to work with someone new if he wants his defense to be as good as his offense. If he keeps his friend, he is likely to be stuck with him for at least 2 years.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

One guy that has a good track record as a DC is Vic Koenning who graduated from K State.  He has been affiliated with a few teams and improved those teams in most cases.

http://www.troytrojans.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1048&path=football